My heart hurts... blah, I'm still dealing with rejection. He was one of my best friends, I told him I liked him, and he didn't feel the same. I can't get over it. Everything in my life is suffering because of it, and I can't think of anything else. I see him all throughout the day, so I'm constantly reminded of this. Our relationship hasn't changed, we still act the same around each other and flirt and there's zero awkwardness. I know I have to just get over it... but I still want him so bad! The thing is, I know I could never be with someone that didn't like me immediately... so even if his feelings change, which they won't, I'll always have it in my head he wasn't crazy about me from the beginning. I wasn't his first choice. I wasn't good enough. I'm just really down on myself, not making much sense, and I need advice on how to forget about this guy romantically.

I just find the fact that you can still keep him as you friend to be a really good ending. I've once confessed to a girl who I went out 4 hours/day for 2 months. We were close friends. Within one confession, that was like 10 minutes, I never EVER received a call back from her, ever again. I didn't know the friendship with her can so easily be broken.

You're lucky that you didn't have to deal with sudden disappearance.

Hahaha! I had a friend, a girl, that was basically my closest friend during the last year of highschool and the first four years of college. We would spend almost everyday together.

Then, because of med school (she is a pediatrist now) she decided to go to another state on her resident years, so basically we lost contact, and would only have an email now and then.

One day she sent a picture of herself sitting in front of a lake. I replied "mmm, yummy. I'm glad you're having a good time" And asked her how she was doing, and that kindo f stuff.

Never heard back from her, because of a "yummy". Yeah, basically I said, you look bed-able. How easily a 6 year friendship was blown away for that remark? Well, I've come to realize that maybe, that friendship wasn't as strong as we made it up to be.