Job Change..is 6 months too soon?

I started a new job, 6 months ago..1 reason I really took it is b/c my old employer had rumors flying that our office was moving from CT to MN, which, I wasn't cool with...now, I've been here 6 months, enjoy it, but, don't love it..a possibility that I may be offered a new job, this week with another company..is, 6 months too short a time to bounce onto a new job...money will be better, much larger company, etc...your thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

Go for it! I recently left a job after 7 months, and I have no regrets looking back at it. I think 6+ months is good enough to put on your resume, just as long as you have a good relationship with your current employer.

Remember, its all about a graceful exit. Complete all your projects, and offer assistance to those who will be continuing your work. Not only does that help your current company, that will solidify a great reference. The business world is ever too small and you never know when you will run into a familiar face in the future.

Good luck!

Agree, the most important part is having a good ending with your employer, no matter how long you worked with them.

Sometimes jumping for a better option may be good on your resume if they are looking for someone that will face new challenges and oportunities.