I have been with my girlfriend for now over three years. We have talked about marriage a lot but I have yet to follow through because she told me she wanted to wait until after her first semester in college. We absolutely love each other, but this morning we were tlaking and she said that she likes attention from other boys and wants to get over it. She said she doesnt want to just blow them off when they give it to her becuase she doesnt want to be a b!tch . Does anyone have any ideas on how she can shut them down without being a "B!tch"? My other question is, should I be worried?

My other question is, should I be worried?

Absolutely!

What's more important to her? Her relationship with you, or the feelings of every random guy who tells her she has a nice butt when she walks down the street? If acting like a * * * * * is what it takes to make other guys back off and leave her alone because she's in a committed relationship with you, then by all means I think that's exactly what she should do.

This shouldn't even be an issue, and I'd be disturbed she even brings it up. I'm thinking she may be getting curious about what else is out there.

As far as getting engaged, there's no harm in waiting. I've been with my GF for five years now, and we're not engaged but will be soon.

Thats BS! Your gf is basically inviting these guys to flirting and approaching her. If its the same people that are constantly flirting with her then i would be worried. But if its a random dude everyday then i wouldnt be worried. Ask her if she says she has a bf.

It's always good to check out the history of posters. In your case, you came here and started a thread because your GF wanted to "take a break" due to pressure from her friends who are all single.

Original Thread

When she's telling you she likes attention from other guys a month later, I think she's practically inviting you to dump her.

That post was over a year ago. Thanks all, I will talk to her about it tonight. I think she is just going to have to be a * * * * *, otherwise its going to be an ongoing process.

LOL

Sorry, I saw it was posted in March and thought that was a month ago.

Talk to her about it and see how it goes. Try not to be angry or accuse her of anything. Just tell her your feelings. Let us know how things turn out.

Actually I would be worried as well. Tell her to smarten up or she gets the boot.

You know, on a side note that's something I like and hate about enotalone. You can search back on other posts. Sometimes it's a good thing. Other times you just want a 'fresh perspective' and then people quote you like verses from the bible.

Well I spoke with her about it. Turns out, after I phsyco analyzed her, she needs it for confidence. I knew when we started dating over three years ago she had a confidence problem. She showed me all of her chat logs from the past three months when she started talking to a penpal. Any time in any conversation he compliments her or hits on her/flirts, she reminds him how much she loves me. Now that she knows that it has been concerning me she has a different attitude towards attention. When a few guys were looking at her at the mall today, she just laughed and kept walking with me. She is just ignoring all attention that could be constrewed as being responsive to a flirt. So I think we are in good shape. It runs in my blood to overreact to situations according to my dad also.