Ok, well, as you may know, nearly two months ago my boyfriend finished with me. Since then we maintained NC even though we saw each other everyday in school.

So, it's the easter holidays, and when we go back to school we only have 19 days left then we leave forever.

After a chat with my mum, i decided to text him so i said

"hey, just wanted to say, we only have 19 days left when we go back to school, and i don't want to leave on a bad note with anyone, so could we at least be civil to each other?"

He text back (about 4 hours later) saying "yea alright cya round"

You think it was a good idea to say that?

Ok, so, what i've done is unblock him on MSN. This mans, if he wants to talk, he can. Even though i know he has me blocked on MSN. I've made the first move so if he wants to stay childish then he can. And oh my, just as i type this he comes online lol. He must have unblocked me. Wow, i feel in control! It means he at least wants to be civil, well at least he's unblocked me! I'm not going to talk to him though, if he wants to speak to me then he can, that's what i have said to him from the beginning.

Little vent there...anyone think i've done wrong? or have i done a good thing?

I dont think you should've texted him at all. Just be civil when you do see him. Say hello and be polite. You don't actually have to tell him.

But since you did text him, just keep your word. Don't be over friendly and don't call him "just to talk".

I just meant civil as in...we walk past each other and we don't just look down and ignore each other.

Plus, if i hadn't of texted him, it may have been awkward on our last day. Me being me would go round saying bye to everyone and taking photos and he would ignore me. He wouldn't know that i want to be civil if i hadn't of texted him.

I think you are setting yourself up for big time hurt. I don't think texting was good at all or unblocking him. Unfortunately when one graduates they leave some of the friends they had in highschool behind. You may run into them in the years ahead but you dont sit everyday thinking of highschool. (if you do then we have a problem)

I don't think you should text him anymore. Obviously by his response he could careless truly.

I'm not expecting to be friends with him or anything. I just want things like our leavers dinner, our BBQ and our prom to go smoothly with no evil looks or anything lol. I text a friend who i fell out with, with the same message i sent him too! I just don't want anything to be weird or uncomfortable!

Its all with well intentions but if you want it to go smoothly dont associate with him at all these functions. I am sure your class is bigger than say 30 people. If he wants to give you dirty looks well then why would you want to talk with him or even allow him 5 minutes of your time.

Be honest are you still hoping that he will realize that this is it and ask you back out? Honestly now Your senior year should be filled with fun and no worries and you are wasting precious time on this dork!

Move on sweets and enjoy the friends that you are in good standing with You should be very proud you have completed this phase of your life and there are more adventures for you to have.

Your right, but still, i'm not holding a grudge! I'm not his friend, never will be, but don't want to look back on arguments and stuff. So, for me, i think i've done right.

And no, i'm not hoping for anything anymore, i think i've found someone new