Im borderline, not sure if im bipolar? can someone answer my questions for me?

I have bpd, borderline disorder, ive been in a mental ward for 3 months and have a therapist that is going to baby sit me like a * * * *ing 5 year old for the next 2 y ears. im 18, its not fair.. they also think im bi polar, because sometimes i get really really depressed and i get delusional th oughts, is this normal in a bpd? it usually happens after my eye gets twitchy and nervous, then a sound or somethng reminds me of something terrible and i feel like im talking a walk in death valley, like im not connected to the world anymore. does th is h appen to anyone else here too? Also somedays i feel like dressing like a boy n somedays i feel like being a girl,, this is common in borderline, but can someone tell me how to deal with thes feelings and put them in place? can someone relate??

please answer these 4 questions bye

No.. can't say that I have. But I wanted to send you a (((HUG)))..

Don't think so negatively about your doctor monitoring you for the next 2 years. They are only trying to help you find ways of coping with your illness.

It's a chemical imabalance. Nothing you did or your fault. But something that you can get treatment for and arm yourself with good coping skills.

Stay positive and stay strong.

THeBeckster,

I'm not one to feel sorry for anyone who is smart enough to say "I think i'm bipolar" WAIT..hear me out. Meaning, i think you don't need pity I think you need honesty.

I think Bipolar, ADD, ADHD and more are OVER diagnosed. I think if a person is smart enough to say "hey sometimes i don't think like a normal person" then they are SMART and strong enough to CONTROL their own thoughts.

My father is about as manic depressed as you can get, and yet he doesnt take medication, he's not babied and he maintains a normal mindset by taking natural herbal remedies and by not making excuses. He also turned to budhism which in my opinion was really the best thing for him. It taught him how to meditate, and how to control his mind.

I am Christian, but Christianity may not be for everyone and so with that being said, i think if it can help him, it may help you. To turn to something that helps you focus on mind control.

My father used to suffer from Schizophrania as well, so if he can make it and substain himself at his age and as long as he's dealt with it, you can make a HUGE difference is you start now, being 18.

Good luck..

I hope that helped.

P.s. don't use this "diagnosis" as an excuse to feel sorry for yourself and give up on you and sit on your duff and just take it. If Lance Armstrong could survive Cancer, surely you can fight depression and even turn it around. The mind is so powerful, it can and will heal itself if properly trained.

Oh yeah and if you are bi-sexual, that may be why you are feeling so down on yourself....because it is looked down opon...but don't you let their feelings about you, construct your feeling about you. As my good friend Mikey (the gayest man you've ever met) would say....

"Screw them, this is me in all my splendor. "

I may not condone bisexuality, but I don't judge anyone who choses this ...things are hard enough without people putting their beliefs on you.

I think if a person is smart enough to say "hey sometimes i don't think like a normal person" then they are SMART and strong enough to CONTROL their own thoughts.

Yes, there are psychological aspects in the treatment of depression, such as cognitive behavioural therapy, but overall, the treatment of such conditions is not as simple as controlling one's own thoughts.

Bipolar disorder and depression are conditions that have a physiological basis to them -- it is not, as some may think, a purely psychological condition. Depression is not simply "just feeling sad".

Depression is a medical condition. And, like any other medical condition, the diagnosis is based on set criteria. It is not an arbitrary decision.

Based on your reasoning, as quoted above, one should be able to cure themselves of cancer (which is a medical condition, just like depression) by altering their patterns of thought... highly unlikely.

Beckster - Your condition is not your fault.. Good luck with the treatment. All the best!

....Also somedays i feel like dressing like a boy n somedays i feel like being a girl,, this is common in borderline, but can someone tell me how to deal with thes feelings and put them in place? can someone relate??

Oh that, COMPLETELY. I am 18 and have Bipolar Disorder and female as well, and the gender issue is a major one with me.

Actually I didnt say he cured himself of cancer by just thinking "its gone" I hope no one was ignorant enough to take my post that way,

I simply said that the mind is powerful.

Lance Armstrong has said in multiple inteviews, that what he feels saved him the most was believing that he would make it, and not sitting around making a will just giving up. I happen to agree with his logic, and since unlike MOST people have a FATHER who did control his thoughts and take herbal substitutes and learned how to meditate, it is with PURE confidence that I can Indeed say, the mind can help you in more ways the a few.

I hope that point was made clear to you "thebeckster". I want you to know that you can make a HUGE difference by just focusing on how to be positive and be strong and not giving up. I hope you don't think i'm saying you can just wake up and the next day your perfect. Because even those WITHOUT bi-polar are a far cry from perfect.

Also , I agree its not your fault. But believing that you will be better and that you can with therapy or herbal or prescribed medicines will help you along faster and further. I know that you will be just fine.

I wish you the best.

Lol...

The times Ive tried religion, journalling, exercise and dietry modification! The times Ive just said to myself *tomorrow I Will Make Myself Be Normal!*

It doesnt work, quite simply because I have a chemical imbalance. If you are mentally ill you CANNOT just pull yourself out of it, you have been robbed of that ability. If herbal medications and whatever work for some people, good luck to them etc, but some peoples brains just dont respond to it.

Good luck to all.