Friend's bf isn't supportive thinking about leaving him

She came to me for help on this, but I couldn't help her out. So I told my friend that I would ask you guess for help because you guess helped me through a lot and figured you guys could help her. I'm going to be e-mailing her the replies.

This started last week and I'll try to sum it all up quickly.

My friend and her bf have been together for a little over a month. Early in the relationship he told her that if he ever got her pregnant he would run off. Last week she thought she was pregnant. She tells her bf and after say saying "s***" a few times he asked "You're not gonna keep it are you?" in a ****headish way. She takes a home pregnancy test and it comes up that she isn't pregnant, but her bf isn't there. She tells him that she thinks he should have been there with her when she took the pregnancy test. He tells her that she should have asked him to be there. She tells him that she doesn't think she is in love with him anymore. Now he is being super nice to her.

I think her bf cares about his feelings more than my friend's. He wasn't talking about putting the child up for adoption when he asked her if she was getting rid of it. He was talking about abortion.

She is thinking about leaving him.

Any advice would be highly appreciated. (I told her that I wouldn't use anyone's name)

I don't buy the joking thing. You can bet your bottom dollar that if a girlfriend of mine said she was pregnant I would be running out to get the test and waiting there while she took it. My reaction wouldn't be "You're not going to keep it" an dthen to take off... whether I felt ready for a child or not.

Very bad reaction on his part and I would sure as heck hope she thinks twice before ever having sex with him again.

She should probably stop thinking about it and do it.

I agree with NJRon here. On both accounts. Break up with him already (or just stop having sex and work on the relationship. Though it's only been a month and he's this much of a jerk already) and that I doubt he was kidding. You just don't kid around about this sort of thing.