Is this the wrong thing to do?

Please be honest as I haven't done it yet.

Basically, there's a girl in my local sandwhich shop who I'm quite keen on. She might not know it, or know me apart from as one of many customers but I've taken quite a shine to her. I go in there some days and she's always friendly.

I'm keen to ask her out as I've been single for quite a while, but the shop is always v. busy meaning I can never get her alone.

What I propose is to go in buy my sandwhich and strike up some conversation, then leave only to queue up a few moments later, pick up a can of coke and say sorry, I forgot this. Then, as she hands me my change and receipt I slip her my phone number.

Good or complete garbage. What do you reckon.

Advice and similar experiences much appreciated. Ta

hm.. it kind of sounds a little preplanned.. so if you're gonna do that you might as well just ask her out. Talk to her first though, try to go in when they wont be busy and talk to her first. Ask her how work is going or something like that, and keep it going.. tell her where you work, etc.. keep a convo going. After you do this a few times, then you'll be in a better position to ask for her number or give her yours.

P.S. it might be better to get hers, because she might feel awkward calling you? just a thought.

I'm going to be honest as you wanted...

So...honestly, no...don't give her your number like that. I know you've not done this, so maybe if you want to trial and error this and see what happens, go for it and see the results. But I can almost prove the fact that she either will say "I have a b/f/I'm not interested" or ...just plain not call you, then you'll feel awkward going in there.

Number two, all retail/customer type jobs, require people to be friendly with customers, it's just how they are(otherwise they wouldn't visit again). So you really have to be careful to distinguish a fake/forced smile and friendliness from a true one, and it's really hard with people with those types of jobs.

You want the truth, flirt, cause that's your only way in to find out if she's just being friendly for her job purposes or if she responds to it and flirts back. Again, this isn't easy, because it's very hard to know if she's doing it for her job, but then, and only then, say "I've got to run, sorry", turn away to leave, then turn back and say "What's your phone number?" From there on in, what happens...happens... If she says one of the above still, like I have a b/f, just say okay and leave(don't fret over it either, it's just one girl). If she says she's no, just be like "Aww It won't hurt, I'm only going to call you like 20 times a day"(jokingly), and if she still says no, just say bye and leave. Good luck

Hey bro, dont give her your phone number lol. That might weird her out and make you feel bad if she doesnt give you a call. You know the old way- the guy calls the girl.

Heres my suggestion...when your in line in front of her ask her if shes got any plans this weekend. after that (if things are good) ask her out. then ask her for her number.

your gonna have to think of a good starting point. gl man

When you walk in, strike a conversation, and smile. Ask about how often she works, or something else you can think of since you are there quite often. Then introduce yourself, "It's nice to meet you, my name is Bryan. There's a coffee shop up the street and I'd like to buy you a cup sometime. Can I call you?" or something to that effect. Screw everyone else around, it makes you look more confident to pull this off in front of them!

No. The whole bit about going through the line once, then going back...what's the point? It's too weird. And don't hand her your number. Whether it's PC or not, many women would be put off by that. You should ask for HER number. THEN, if she doesn't want to give it, you could offer yours instead. You should ask her out, but not after shift that night. You should have enough respect for her schedule to ask her in ADVANCE. Ask her by midweek for a weekend date, I suggest. She doesn't want to feel like she's gonna be jerked about at the last minute.

You should ask for HER number. THEN, if she doesn't want to give it, you could offer yours instead.

First part, yes. Second part, no. If she doesn't give you her number, leave it at that. NEVER offer your number. Why would want to be the guy who sits around wondering if she is ever going to call? You would put the entire situation outside of your control, and that leads to no end of torment. NEVER give your number if the person is unwilling to give you theirs.

Yes that's a very good point diggety. but he should gage it out. SOME girls for what ever reason, are really freaked out by giving strange men their numbers, but don't mind calling them. I personally would just rather the man call me. Afterall if he is a crazed stalker, there's not a lot he's going to be able to do to my voicemail, and my number can't be traced to my address so I wouldn't be worried about it.