how long does it take to heal after breaking up

just curious, how long do you think it takes a person to generally heal from a break up? i heard that sometimes in can take up to a year and sometimes even longer. and then i know people that don't need to heal at all and find someone else in like a month. how do these people heal so quickly?

just curious, how long do you think it takes a person to generally heal from a break up? i heard that sometimes in can take up to a year and sometimes even longer. and then i know people that don't need to heal at all and find someone else in like a month. how do these people heal so quickly?

Chances are, they dont heal, they just suppress their hurt, and leech onto the next best thing that comes along because they are terrified of being alone. Alot of people do this.

It's just my guess, but the degree of personal loss might be a factor.

If it was mostly a physical relationship, a new bedmate might be the cure.

Committed LTRs are another matter.

My first breakup kept me crazy for years.

yes. i often wonder if i will ever completely heal. i find myself comparing every new guy i meet with my past relationships. i know that's not a good thing to do. but i can't help it. i have been burned to many times and just assume that it's always going to be the same crap i went thru before.

It really depends on the person. People handle breakups in different ways. Some it could take days, some could take weeks..some even months or years. It also depends how serious the relationships was. Obviously a person that has been dating another person for 2 years and broke up will take longer to heal than someone who has been dating someone for 2 months. I do believe the first REAL breakup is the hardest cuz you have never experienced anything like it.

i know after my divorce it took me 8 months before i ever considered dating. i really think that it was still to soon. i have been divorced for 4 yrs. now and i still believe i am not ready to be involved in another long-term relationship even tho i would really like to be married again.

Committed LTRs are another matter.

My first breakup kept me crazy for years.

ohhh no, not what I want to hear, Dako!!

I do believe the first REAL breakup is the hardest cuz you have never experienced anything like it.

The first cut is the deepest...baby I know The first time I heard that song I thought it was so catchy, I loved it. After experiencing my first "real" breakup of getting dumped two months ago, the song just means so much more. You're right, it is an experience you cannot even begin to describe to someone who has not. It's so hard because most of the time you can't even believe for yourself the pain you are feeling. All of the "I never knew I could feel this way" kind of feelings. There are way too many factors involved in the healing process to determine the 'average' time it takes...but I think if you went out with someone for a few weeks, and it has been ten years or something after the break up and you're still heartbroken - that would be slightly abnormal!