Kinda confused

Can you guys give me some advice? I wrote earlier saying how the guy I was almost with, but not quite with i really experienced. Well today at work one of the ladies that works there took me aside and told me not to date him. She said he would make a great friend, but he's a man- * * * * * and I'm too sweet to get caught up in that. I talked to some of my friends at work who have known him for a long time, and they said that he does have a past with a lot of girls, but that with me its different and that he actually, truly likes me. I mean me and him have talked about this a little bit. He said that he has his past and that he hopes I give him a chance etc. My question is...how do I know? I mean I know we all make mistakes and stuff, but what if I'm just another knotch on the belt? Is there any way to tell?

Thanks, and sry so long...

H

Nope. There is no way to forsee what will happen in the future. Don't hold his past against him (but do keep it in mind). You're right, people make mistakes but that does not mean that they are bad people just because they made them. I think you should give this guy a chance, especially if he was honest enough with you to tell you that he did indeed have a past. Give him the benefit of the doubt. You might just be swept off your feet if you do.

Hey sasky and welcome to the forum! I think this is one of those situations where you are going to have to trust your instinct and go with it. This guy has had a past, and as you have said above it's history, and it certainly isn't uncommon! He has said he hopes that you give him a chance.... and that he 'truly' likes you... If it is sincere then I think you should give him a chance... If he will still caught up in his history he wouldn't be going out of his way to impress you like this

Good luck and keep us posted!

Difficult one. Some people have a promiscuous past but manage to stay in a stable relationship without cheating. I recently asked this question on the BBC board. It may also depend on how old he is. Without making too many generalities, I'd say if he's over 25 you stand more chance of him being faithful. My advice is to date him but DON'T have sex immediately. Get to know him and build mutual trust first.

Good luck.