43 days between

Jylaine

I am a 22 yr old female who has always had irragular periods however this time it is a little extreme...So far it has been 43 days since my last period instead of the "normal" 28 days. I am unsure what is going on and what the reasons could be. I have a sexual relationship with my fiance however I have taken 2 tests both of which have been negative and have none of the typical signs of pregnancy.

If they are both negative, then it is possible you have had a non-ovulatory cycle which happens from time to time especially under stress or illness, or PCOS or another issue.

If you are always irregular, you can't really go by a a 28 day cycle...28 day s is only normal for some women, others are 21, 35, 45, it all varies woman to woman.

I advise that perhaps you consult your OB/GYN to rule out pregnancy and address what else could be an issue.

I agree. A friend of mine is lucky if she gets her period at all. Stress can really mess with your clock. Please get it checked out. I know many women are put on certain pills just to regulate a period, not just as birth control. Your period can also be disrupted by rapid weight loss or gain. There could be many reasons, but a Dr. would be your best resource. Good luck and take care O by the way, my friend went to the Dr. and had her keep a journal of her periods. They had a specific chart they used to get the info they needed to help determine what was going on. Don't be afraid, just be proactive about your health. If you are worried, take a trusted friend for support.

I have been keeping a close watch on all my cycles and writting it all down. I would like to know because at some point i would like to have a child and without understanding my cycle it is hard to know when the rightvtime to try is. I will go to the dr. though

I also suggest getting it checked out just in case, anyway.

There are lots of factors that could contribute to an "irregular" cycle, but like RayKay said, it doesn't have to be "28" days. I have a friend who's cycle is every 14 days. Once she had her period for 40 days! It was very light, but 40 days! And still, they can't find anything wrong with her. It's back to "Regular" now that she's on the pill, but she'll never have the typical cycle.