Dont know what to do anymore

Me and my boyfriend have been together off and on (mostly off) for a year and a half. We used to live together, but I had to move 1,000 miles away back to my family while he took care of some personal problems. He is going to court to finish getting custody of his daughter. Since I left he has been telling me that we will get back together after court, but he thinks that we should only talk once a week for a short time. I dont understand why he doesnt want to talk to me more and sometimes when I call he gets mad and yells at me that he is too busy to talk and hangs up on me. This has been going on for a while now and it is making it hard for me to trust him. He tells me that there is no one else and that he just cant have a girlfriend right now, but when court is over we can try to be together again. I have said that I wanted to come visit him and he acts like he doesnt want me to. I dont know if this is because he knows if he sees me he will want me to come back and he knows that isnt a good idea until court is over, or if there is another reason. He has told me he doesnt love me anymore, but he does care a lot about me. I need some help to see if anyone else understands what I need to do. Should I continue to try, or just let go. It makes it so hard, cuz a month before I left he was talking marraige and I said something that I didnt mean cuz I was mad - I said something about helping his ex get custody and now he says he doesnt trust me. He also says he wants me to stop calling so much. WHAT SHOULD I DO???? He means everything to me and I dont want to lose him.

well....hes says he loves you, he says he doesn't, he says he cares about you but doesn't love you anymore....he throws you around along with your heart like it doesn't hurt....and we all know how much it hurts. hes miles away, doesn't want to talk.....okay well heres one meathod, you are getting upset with his not making up his mind, i know love is a tough fence to jump over, the question is he worth the jump, does he treat you so well that you would die without it, or could you do with someone elses love? someone who has some MORE qualities that you would cherish. Don't make an effort for a week, and see how he reacts, (REMEMBER THIS ISN"T BEING WHO YOU ARE) if he enjoys it, then he isn't worth it, being who you are is who he'll have to accept you for. if he doesn't see any change, id really have a talk with him cause if he can't see that you are making no effort thats pretty low. and if he sees it and questions it, then theres still probablly some hope, just give it time. and if anything DONT LET HIM HURT YOU, AND GET AWAY WITH IT....thats the worst pain you will ever feel. good luck