Friends, Former Friends, And All Over Agains..

I'm speaking on behalf of my friend who has the last couple of days been having it terribly rough and i love her like a sister and will not let anyone push her around like this.

It all started yesterday my friend "jess" who really hates my other friend "annie" they were best friends since kindergarten until this year, when annie got involved with jess and her boyfriend "jim".

To the story: yesterday annie started making more garbage up about jess than ever before and annie told jim all of this and the guy (who i can't stand btw) believes every word of it over his own girlfriend jess, jim knows they both hate each other with a passion and jess and jim didn't say a word to each other all day and jess has been in tears until about 5 minutes ago, and this has been going on a lot the last few weeks and it's really getting to me even, because i'm not going to watch somebody as close to me like a sister get hurt anymore and i need some advice on what to tell her i've been comforting her all day more than any of you can imagine, this is the most horrible thing i've ever seen done to her and i'm going to put an end to it,please help

thank you

As admirable as your intentions are, all you can really do is be there for her. You can't make the choices for her and there is every chance the choices she makes won't be ones you like. Trust on this from painful personal experience. Be her friend, be there for her, cheer her up and offer advice if she asks but realise you can't solve it for her.