She wants to "see where things are going"

thefoot

So I met this girl a couple weeks ago, and we hung out quite a bit, talked to each other alot (txting or the phone) and we have made out etc. (nothing under the clothes though). she told me today she didnt know if we were dating or what, but she wanted to be friends for now, and see where things are going. She told me I'm a nice guy and its not that I did something but she doesnt want things to get weird. Apparently she told her friend (who told my friends) that I liked her more then she liked me. Anyways I took that as " I don't really like you like that" but she still wants to hang out and be friends. She makes it seem like maybe it will happen, but I dont want to spend all my life chasing asfter this girl if she doesnt like me. Also I had gotten her a necklace (nothing big) while on a trip with my friend, and I was going to give it to her, but now I dont know if I should. My friend says I should, but I dont want to make things weird, and I'm not sure I want to give it to her anymore.

Sorry for the long post but can someone please give me their opinions on this?

DO NOT give her the necklace man. that would be coming on way to strong.

Right now you need to make HER chase YOU. She's being all wishy washy because she knows she's got you in the palm of her hand. You're being to avalible for her.

If she dosn;t know whats going on you need to tell her to figure it out (assuming YOU know you want to date her). Don't hang on the sidelines but don't shun her or close off to her either. Just stand your ground a bit.

You're giving her the power and thats not a good thing.

Sigh. Dating sucks. Good luck man.

Hi. I reccomend you don't base your decisions on rumors and gossip. You need to ask her how she feels about you. Most of the time all those rumors and gossip are not true. Furthermore, if you never ask her you will never truly know. You need to hear how she feels from her, not from someone else. Hope this helped......

Thanks for the thoughts. I did tell her how I felt, I said I wanted to be more then just friends, to which she told me well I want to see where things are going, maybe it will happen. How can you reply to that without coming on way to strong or acting like a jerk? you cant really. I'm not looking for another friend, I have lots. I am looking for a relationship. I want to tell her that but shes not one those girls you are talking, about, trust me I have dated them. She was sincere. I just couldnt say that, especially since her friend is dating my friend, and her friends are basically my friends.

Hi. I reccomend you don't base your decisions on rumors and gossip. You need to ask her how she feels about you. Most of the time all those rumors and gossip are not true. Furthermore, if you never ask her you will never truly know. You need to hear how she feels from her, not from someone else. Hope this helped......

sorry maybe I was unclear, she did tell me this herself. Only the part about me liking her more then she liked me was what her friend told mine.

I agree, make her chase you.

For God's sake, don't fall into the "friends" zone. That is just an excuse on her part so she won't feel guilty if she doesn't see you as more than a friend.

Don't give her the necklace. It will only make you look desperate at this point.