Stress from work

Well my weekend is gone and I'm back at work and I hate it.

I can't do this job.

When they hired me over a year ago, I was actually taking over 2 full-time jobs, because the company was downsizing. This was a massive mistake. I think I have just been kidding myself to think that it is actually possible. I cannot keep my boss happy, he hates me. I forget to do things because I have a million other things I'm working through and I get frowned upon because I'm SO disorganised.

I literally have no motivation to do this! The money is crap and I am always scrambling around trying to make ends meet. I'm still trying to complete my degree through correspondence. I was forced to give up my second job waitressing (which actually pays better than this job) because I was just, SO tired. Doing three things at once isn't good for your health. All work and no play makes for a very grumpy and stressed out little girly.

I am at a loss on what to do. I am always under so much pressure and I really do try. I try and be organised and do a billion things at once, I try and catch up on the loads and loads of filing that always gets overlooked. I try to breathe deeply and smile.

I try to be professional and not take things personally, but how is that possible when your boss is as nice as pie to everyone else and cold and nasty to me?

I get so anxious and stressed out just THINKING about coming to work, that I can't sleep at night.

It effects my relationship with my boyfriend, because I get so grumpy and tired and just completely emotionally drained.

I'm guessing this can't be healthy?

I'm so scared to quit because I live alone. I need to pay a ridiculous amount of rent to live in a shoebox. I need to keep paying off my car, my loans, bills and not to mention my university fees which which are climbing to nearly $30, 000.

I have to stay at home on Saturday nights while my friends go out and party because I couldn't possibly spare a cent on having fun.

Certainly this can't be normal for a 23 year old? Any suggestions on how to overcome this?!?

TAKE A DEEP BREATH.. and learn to relax.

I know the feeling of doing too much and being overwhelmed. I'm costantly battling the same issues. And its not like the Money Fairy is gonna be kind to me and pull me out of this rut....sooooo...

Ok.. first thing is first. I hear you are disoraganized. What I've done is gone to an office supply store and bought a sprial bound book of that is for THINGS TO DO TODAY. Actually any sprial bound book would help. Don't write it down on a piece of paper.... keeping a diary of it helps you to look back and see what you've checked off and see progress. The next thing is to keep a TIGHT Calendar... on your computer at work... or again, buy yourself a calendar system.. that will help you plan better.

And keep to these like a bible. It may help you to be more oraganized and not miss due dates.

Second.. most companies are down sizing and those of us left are doing the jobs of 2-3 people for a lot less money. This does not seem to be something that is going to go away...but something that is here to stay.

Your boss. OK.. maybe because you are feeling insecure and not "all together" you are projecting. You may be looking at him with a frown.. or that doe in the head lights look. Try to buck up and think positive. The first possitive thing you can do for yourself is to organize and manage your time better... "THAT" in and of itself will speak volumes.

Sit down and re-do your resume. That will help you at least be prepared should the need arrise. And NO.. you should NEVER quit your job before you've found another one. With a resume in hand... maybe then you can put out some feelers and start looking a little bit. At least this will give you a little bit more of a feeling of being in the drivers seat and in control.

Stretching your money. AYE.. I know the feeling well. I'm a single mother with two kids. I can't afford a lot of extra's for them... let alone me going out to have fun. I cut where I can.. cut back on this.. stint on that.. I'll buy off brand items... and I find $$ to do a little bit more for them... or once in a blue moon for me.

I hope that some of these ideas help.