Tips for gaining confidence and being more outgoing/

I have posted a little in the Break Up section of the forum, as i split with my ex 6 months ago (we was together for 6 years)

I'm confused if i am over it or not, i dont long to be with her but still think of her and miss her ways and miss her. I'm kind of with someone new but taking things slowly, but it doesnt feel like a new relationship does, i dont seem to have the proper enthuisiasm.

Since the break up and during my relationship with my ex, my confidence has got very low, i sometimes feel like she stole it from me if that makes sense.

I guess i have realised all this and wanna be that person i used to be before the split, and even before my ex.

Does anyone have any tips on building confidence and more outgoing?

*I find it hard to talk about this to people to, so generally bottle everything up.

Try joining a club for people that share an interest with you. Or taking classes, join a theatre group. Something where you can make a contribution, learn new things and interact with people who will respect you for your knowledge or your willingness to learn. Does wonders for your self confidence.

Look to discover your talent(s) and passion(s), something(s) you are good at, something(s) that makes "you", "you. Something(s) you truly enjoy, and are happy doing. Then get out there and practice amongst others, in a group or such. Be open an receptive to others and you'll feel more confident I think. Network, make friends, and go from there.

It helps also in your daily life to walk with your head up, look people in the eye, smile often, and present yourself well...