A Question for anyone who has ever broken up with someone and said...

I would appreciate as many opinions on this as possible...

These questions are really for anyone to answer:

1) Have you ever broken up with someone or had someone break up with you because they felt it wasn't the right time to be in any relationship (with anyone) and they needed time to figure life out, BUT said you (if you broke up with them) or they (if they broke it off with you) wanted to keep getting to know them and spending time with them?

2) If so, did you actually mean what you said?

3) If so, how did it work out/is it working out for you?

4) If so, who made the initial contact after it was said, and how much time did you wait?

I thought my Ex was being sincere when he said this to me, but we haven't talked since saturday when he said this. I know everyone will say keep NC but I think since it was his idea for the break he may be afraid to call because he will think it's leading me on into a direction he can't proceed in right now.

Today has been the worst day by far, I saw 3 of my ex's friends today. They were all really nice, none of them mentioned him, but I felt so sad. I was nice back, but still after I talked to them I went and cried.

Today is a very bad day... we always spent wednesday's together and now we won't be for the first time in a very long time. I am a mess.

PLEASE HELP ME

I would appreciate as many opinions on this as possible...

These questions are really for anyone to answer:

1) Have you ever broken up with someone or had someone break up with you because they felt it wasn't the right time to be in any relationship (with anyone) and they needed time to figure life out, BUT said you (if you broke up with them) or they (if they broke it off with you) wanted to keep getting to know them and spending time with them?

"Not the right time" is just a nice way of saying they arn't into you at the moment. Maybe, if things don't go right with whatever else they need time for, they will get back with you.

Go out and have fun with your friends. Forget about the ex as soon as possilble - you are free now. There are to many good people out there who want to make you happy, don't waste time dwelling on the past. Best of Luck.

thanks - it's a bit of a weird situation. I've had guys break up with me before, but none that said they didn't want a relationship but still wanted to keep spending time with me and getting to know me.. and I especially don't have any exs that have said they still want me to hang out with them and their friends... I mean, what the HELL is that??.... if it is over say so or say lets be friends or something lame... don't ask me to hang out with you friends still???!!!

your right. I broke NC tonight, saw his jeep in a lot by a coffee shop we always go to. He's probably there with someone else. When I got home I called him and it just rang no voicemail came on, I'm pretty sure he answered and then hung up so he didn't have to hear my voice in a message.

I feel so low, I don't care about anything. I hate myself and I hate the way I am.

1) I've had it said to me before, but it was a straight up lie. She started another relationship 2 weeks later. I don't know how she could do that after 4.5 years together but I guess that's her problem. I have done that exact same thing to someone recently but I meant it. We still talk occasionally and we're on very good terms. I just really don't want to be in a relationship with anyone but she'll be the first to know when I do. I know it sounds rather selfish of me to keep her around, but I get the feeling that she is doing the exact same thing to me and I don't mind it at all. The timing is just bad. As it stands right now, I haven't talked to her for over a week and haven't seen her for over a month. I think the amount of time you wait depends on how long the relationship was and pretty much varies with every situation.

Dont worry , who knows if he was with a girl or not, dont put bad thoughts in your mind!! If he does you should worry eather, rebound relationships dont last and after that hes going to realise he has no body and try to get you back it doesnt happened always but in my case it did stay positive , start seeing other people , spend time with your friends! good luck