help me to stop fearing rejection

hammer81

3 months of celibacy and I have balls the size of pineapples. Not only that but I've also met a cracking girl - a girl who, as well as liking football, is also on my wavelength in other ways.

If it's not to be I can accept it, but if there's a chance I need to pursue it - really I do.

It's not as if I don't get her alone either.

I fear rejection though, especially as 2 months earlier I was rejected by a 'rival' of hers shall we say.

Please help

Well maybe you should do something about your balls being the size of pineapples first. I'm not joking. It will probably relax you. But anyway, put things into perspective. I fear rejection, too, but the fact of the matter is, IT DOESNT MATTER AT ALL. Seriously. It affects you as much as you let it. What's the worse thing that happens? You feel stupid? Have you felt stupid in the past? Did it kill you?

I realized recently that I made a huge * * * * * of myself in front of every single guy I've ever liked. I mean I really embarrassed myself in front of each and everyone of them (on a date or at some point), and i felt stupid, but in th elong run it had no affect on my life.

Feelings fade. Regret stays around a lot longer. You can sit around being scared or you can think to yourself "she wont' reject me (why would she), but if she does, it doesn't matter anyway".

Think about it this way. She may be sitting there waiting for you to make your move. And she'll be delighted when you do. And if she is not, for wahtever reason, the right girl for you then you can move on...you took a risk, it didn't work out so now you can move on instead of obsessing over her and find someone who IS right for you.

I'd say go for it. In 2 short months you have overcome her 'rival's rejection and are over it and out there again.

If she rejects you like her rival did....So what? You'll get over it and in another 2 short months, you will be where you are now and ready to start again. I'm not sure how big your balls will be by then though!