Safe to date a friend's ex?

One of my best friends, Julie, broke up with her boyfriend Nick about 3 months ago on bad terms. I talked to him while they were going out and I've kept in touch with him since now just online. We started talking on the phone about a month ago and hanging out about 2 weeks ago. I really like Nick but I don't know if friend's ex's are off limits. I've told her that I talk to him still and asked if it bothered her and she said it didn't but she's usually stubborn about things so i really couldn't tell if it did. I really love being around him and he's definitely my type. Is he fair game?

I would definitely so you should not date him, you'll likely ruin your friendship...is it worth it? If you plan on doing anything with him you MUST talk to your friend first. Going behind her back dating her ex shows you have no respect for your friend at all.

Ya i agree...u definitly have to get ur friends OK first. If there is even the slightest refusal from her, then dont do it. The friendship u have with her is probly SO MORE important than dating him. If he wasnt good enough for her, then she is goin to worry about u and tell u to break it off. Do u really want to be with this guy while hearing her object to it all the time? It will just bring u down, make u confused, and her u a lot. Do the right thing, which u feel in your heart, and also in your friends heart.

Definitely talk to your friend first and READ HER BODY LANGUAGE. She will probably say it's okay, even though she may not mean it. You girls are like that and you know it. Read her body language, if it tells you to "stay away or lose our friendship," then don't persue it.

She may say it's okay, and for now it might be, but she may get jealous when she sees you with him, and then it could change. Only persue that type of relationship if your friendship with her is strong enough to handle it, and only if your relationship with him is worth losing hers.

It can work out, but it's like dancing on thin ice.

i would definatly sit your friend down and have a serouis talk with her. tell her how you feel about the whole situation and what your thinking. then you should go for it as long as she doesnt have feeling for him or none of your other friends do, GO FOR IT GIRL!!!!! HAHA

GOOD luck!

Some friend you are! Ask your friend what she thinks! I think that it is not a good thing to do! If you want to lose your friend this is one way to do it! How would you feel if it was your ex , would you want your friend to date him. Honey there are millions- billions of men in the world why would you want to date him. If you date him you should wait at least a year! YOU ARE SUCH A HOE! FIND YOUR OWN MAN INSTEAD OF TAKING SOMEONES LEFT OVERS! 0X I would drop you as my friend!! You do not know when to not cross the line!