Comparisons

Cuppedia

Hello, I posted here many days ago about a relationship that ended, it's amazing how when time passes our own words seem to belong to somebody else, I recommend to any person having problems with relationships to give things time and get perspective.

In the past days I think I realized some things about my feelings of jealousy and will share them here in case they can help.

I think jealousy begins, ends and lives out of comparing ourselves. It seems for jealousy to exist there's always a third party involved, be it real or fictitious and if we have low self esteem that third party (or third parties) will seem to threaten us, to make us feel bad about ourselves, and we'll put the blame in everybody but us, and it's not about blaming really, it's about knowing we have a place, it's not a fight or a contest, we should be happy and accept ourselves how we are.

We often think jealousy goes with love, even love for ourselves, we try to justify it, but I think it's better if we take a cold look at things, that way we not only can get rid of jealousy but we can discover many things to become healthier in our relationship with others.

Hi torn000,

Great post ! I think you are right.. Its never a good thing to compare ourselves to other people.. No one is perfect and everyone has his good and bad qualities... Every person must like himself and thank god..

Hello, I posted here many days ago about a relationship that ended, it's amazing how when time passes our own words seem to belong to somebody else, I recommend to any person having problems with relationships to give things time and get perspective.

Very true.. Thats why people must follow their hearts. When the head rules, it always make doubts and keep hitting on you to make something bad.. But that inner wisdom inside us never fail to show us the right way..