Jealous of the Cat

Emmylu

My boyfriend has a cat that he's very close to, and it's breaking up our relationship. It sounds so stupid that I'm afraid to complain about this. But the problem is not going away. Can anyone tell me if I'm the problem, or is it him, or the cat? We met in April and immediately became very close. Now I am having to compete with the cat for my BF's attention. He cuddles on the couch with the cat in his arms and kisses the cat (male cat), and ignores me (he has not kissed me for two weeks). This has been happening every evening for the past month. I mentioned to my BF the problem, and he dismisses me and calls me crazy. Is this a valid reason for me to leave him? Or am I wrong to be jealous?

If your boyfriend is avoiding intimacy with you, then it is a valid problem. Though I don't think it has to do anything with the cat. He is using the cat to hind behind. You need to talk to your man about why is has not kissed you and why he is not cuddling with you...without mentioning the cat. There is for sure something else going on here.

(as for the below....ok now dogs are different..cats are not nearly as important! lol..just kidding)

My ex was the same way except she had dogs that she spent more time with than she did me. It really pissed me off because everything revolved around her dogs. I mean it got to the point where if I wanted to take my ex to dinner or the mall she would want to bring her dogs in the car. I like some animals but i felt like number 2 when her dog was number 1. I told her maybe she should date her dog

ahahhahaha

This sounds like a Seinfeld episode!

Seriously though, some people avoid intimacy through involvment in other things. I suggest you distance yourself from the guy and see if he clues in. If his behaviour doesn't change, it's time to move on.