My pictures are still on her window

Recap:

4 year relantionship..abstinence the whole deal.. brokeup mid-oct.. she moved on to somebody else in 3 weeks.

She lives a block away from me (thats just a great situation!), and I most often have to drive by her house. EVerytime I drive, I see that picture frame that I bought her, with our pictures in them. The frame is bolted together, so its impossible to open.

That frame still sits on the window ledge immediately next to her bed. If she looks outside during the day (or at night), there is a picture of us... she can't miss it.

Ok im really not trying to read into things

This is a good thread, recently I've been wondering the same exact thing and can't figure it out. My ex, who tells ANYONE who will listen, that all we are or ever were is/was "friends"....good ones, excellent ones, the closest, but that's it. (Big maturity level here)........

However, she has a picture of us from a trip we took on her night table. It is on top of her jewelry box, but still it is there and the only one. The rest of her room is filled w/pics of her w/family and one other photo of us on another mantel in her room.

I don't know about anyone else, but to keep a pic of your ex (even if u are still "friends"......w/one possibly still wanting to get back down the road--me)........on your nightstand......is odd????? I guess u can't read into that stuff but anyone else have opinions on this??? I'm interested to know what others think!

Maybe we should do a survey or something but I for one would NEVER display a picture of myself and the ex around to look at everyday. Why on earth would someone do that? Even if it were an amicable split up (have yet to have one of those - tell me how) then what is the point of keeping a pic around? I wouldn't throw it out but I wouldn't display it either.

At the very least it would be un-nerving to any future relationship person. To me it indicates that the person is not over the other person yet. People are weird though and they might have their own reasons. Any takers on this?

Maybe we should do a survey or something but I for one would NEVER display a picture of myself and the ex around to look at everyday. Why on earth would someone do that? Even if it were an amicable split up (have yet to have one of those - tell me how) then what is the point of keeping a pic around? I wouldn't throw it out but I wouldn't display it either.

At the very least it would be un-nerving to any future relationship person. To me it indicates that the person is not over the other person yet. People are weird though and they might have their own reasons. Any takers on this?

I will say, yes people are weird. I have kept pictures of an ex up for a while, if we were friends for example, or if I was still healing...maybe not best idea, but I have done it. For me it was part of the grieving...sometimes I would cry over the pic, or talk to it, or be angry at it....wacky maybe, but it was a good sub for me instead of actually calling THEM. As long as I was single, and on my own, I really did not think much of a picture being around. It's a different thing if I was in a new relationship - I don't leave pics up in that case!

One exception was I had one of a deceased bf and me up for years, through a couple relationships, because he really was obviously not a threat and I did not think it would be a big deal, to me it was a way to keep that memory alive, as he was important to me, though I had moved on from that pain. I only put it away in a special place when my current boyfriend MOVED in with me, because I wanted it to be our place....and I knew that would not be comfortable for him.

I think when it comes to things like this, it can be read into it. Just because I have a picture up, does not mean the feelings of wanting to be together are there. You can still care about the person, or it can be a way to heal, or you may just be lazy and not take it down. While yes, for most the best way to heal is to put that stuff away, or burn it...for some, it's part of the grieving process to have a picture around.