Quick Question Needs Quick Answer

Shizzle

um, ok my gf has been on the pill for over 3 weeks now..

we had alot of unprotected sex, startin the one week after she started on the pill ( the nurse said you should wait one week before you have sex etc)

now there have been at least 3 times where my gf has taken the pill later than when she should, the lastest was like a hour n half after the time she should have taken it, but now she has come on her period. and is worried that she may be pregnant after her friend told her that its a sign of been pregnant if u come on your period when you take the pill..

so really any advice on what i should do for her?

her friend told her that its a sign of been pregnant if u come on your period when you take the pill..

That is not accurate. It's probably happenign because she's taking it so irregularly.

She should call the doctor that prescribed her the pill ASAP for advice, and also a pregnancy test- just to be sure- because her behavior of taking the pill irregularly puts her at risk of getting pregnant. You have to take the pill as directed or it's pointless.

we had alot of unprotected sex, startin the one week after she started on the pill

I also think you're supposed to wait at least a MONTH on the pill before having unprotected sex. That's what I was told when I was originally prescribed the pill. One week is not long enough for the body to adapt to the hormones and for ovulation to be prevented.

Again, have her call her doctor immediately.

BellaDonna

she has only forgot to take it on time 3 times in aboyt 3 weeks, its not a everyday occurrence lol, but thank you,

but should you still come on your period when your on the pill... and even be pregnant if you have a period.. forgive me am male and dont really know the full ins and outs of periods. i thought if u have a period then the blood and wall of the vagina has broken down there for making it pretty hard for a egg to stay there and become fertilsed

she has only forgot to take it on time 3 times in about 3 weeks

Not something to take lightly, my friend. Ask any woman who got pregnant on the pill, and they will tell you they skipped pills or did not take them consistently, at the same time every day.

You still get your period while on the pill (even though ovulation does not occur- the uterus still builds up a lining that needs to be shed- though this lining is usually lighter)- depending on what kind of pill she's on- she should get her period when she reaches the placebo (sugar pill) part of the pack- which is usually in the 4th week. Although some brands of pills don't even include the placebo, and they are just 3 week packs and the woman doesn't take anything in the 4th week- to trigger her period. Or if she's on one of the new pills that only make you get your period 4 times a year (i.e. Seasonale) then that changes things too. It all depends on what she's taking.

You GF needs a deeper understanding of how the individual pill she is taking works, from her doctor.

It is also possible to spot blood on the bill, if the hormone levels aren't just right for the woman, or if her body is still adjusting to it.

You should really have her call her doctor- as the doctor is the only one that can give her professional, reliable advice based on the specific pill she is taking.

If she is taking pills late-and relying on her friends for advice about pregnancy, you might want to use a condom- because her behavior could turn you into a DAD.

The best you can do now is encourage her to talk to her doctor.

BellaDonna

• 4 weeks later...