Never going to understand why!!!!!!!

OK, I have posted before A LOT, I know sorry but I'm getting so mad at myself. I will just be trying to carry on my life because I came to the conclusion that I'm not going to say my feelings to this guy for various reasons and our past experiences. Unless, he wants to tell the truth. Well, I have a huge problem he keeps talking to me under anonymous names over yahoo and then talks to me about the stuff I talk to the "names" about. It is horrible too, because people will talk to me out of no where and tell me how great/beautiful/special I am. I listen to it because it's nice to hear that and that I think is the only reason why I keep talking to these random people. Well, today one talked to me and mentioned something about a serious problem me and this guy are having right now "trust" issues, well it made me feel bad all day because he won't talk to me about how he truly feels. He gives me loads of attention whenever we are around each other too and it hurts because he isn't saying anything to me and I am kinda beginning to believe that he is just messing with me, because he knows how to make me like him. It just seems that someone would have to be really messed up to spend this much time just to get a rile out of me, or he really likes me. Well, he continues to talk to me and everything. I don't really know what to do because random people talk to me all the time, (I have no clue how they get my name, I'm never in chat rooms or anything) well, I have kinda started to think that everyone who talks to me is him, and it is kinda getting out of hand. People make me depressed whenever I find out it is someone else. I dunno what to do, because I KNOW that he does talk to me, I was wondering what other people would do in my situation? Stop talking to them in all or just get it over with and confront ever guy on the net? Or should I just go about it as usual and just wait for him to tell me. The thing is if I cut off total contact he could realize that he needs to talk to me and will talk to me, but I do have a problem with getting bored late at night and talking to whoever pops up. I don't think that I'm ready to get over it plus the attention is awesome. The problem is they all act like they know me and it bothers me a lot. Should I fight my urges and see what happens or should I just go with the flow until he is ready to confess? All I know is that talking to these names isn't helping me get over him because I think about him all the time and constantly want to get on the net. I just want to know what some other people think about this. Any advice or opinion would be cool and feel free to contact me or send me a message. I'm open for anything! THANX!

Dear confused_soul04,

Now I'm the confused one here. Just who is this guy you're talking about and who are these people who keep "popping" up on Yahoo. Sorry, but I'm not real familiar with all the things done on the computer these days.

In any case, I think you should stop talking to these faceless people. This doesn't sound like it's the same as posting on this board. There are a lot of wackos out there who prey on lonely people looking to socialize on the Net.

If these people seem to know you and you think it's this guy you actually do see then you HAVE to talk to him about it. It's too weird and I don't think it's because he likes you. He may have serious problems. I mean, if it is him and he can talk on the Net but not to your face, then he sounds messed up. It's not like he can't even talk about the problems, like he's not in touch with himself.

The only problem is, if you confront him, he most likely will just deny it. I think it would be better if you could abstain from the stuff you do on the Net and then he'll have no other outlet to get his thoughts accross to you than to actually tell you.

There's no use in confronting faceless people on the Net either. It's one thing to be chatting with people just to chat. It's another when they know you and won't talk to you. Really, be careful here!

The attention may be "awesome" but it's empty and potentially dangerous. Get out and meet some real live people!