She wont let me go out on dates ..

okay first off im on my cousins account .. Im 15 by the way..

Okay my mom wont let me go out on a date with a guy like to the movies or to the basketball games.. She said i can start havin guys over at age 16 and go on dates like when im 17.. i think thats so stupid like all my friends get to do what ever they want to. they get to go and dates and have been allowed to since 7th grade.. well what do u think about this.. please help

okay first off im on my cousins account .. Im 15 by the way..

Okay my mom wont let me go out on a date with a guy like to the movies or to the basketball games.. She said i can start havin guys over at age 16 and go on dates like when im 17.. i think thats so stupid like all my friends get to do what ever they want to. they get to go and dates and have been allowed to since 7th grade.. well what do u think about this.. please help

Well, unfortunately your mom's rules are your mom's rules, whatever anyone else may think!

If you are 15, 16 is not too far off...just hold tight

Dating when you are a young teen is a bit overrated anyway, I started dating at 13/14 and believe me, I wish I had waited a lot longer before I brought that drama into my life! I would of been better of spending the time making more friends, getting to know myself and be more independent. Easier to say in hindsight, but I really do think it would of been better to wait for me!

I agree with RayKay. There's nothing you can do to make your mom change her mind.

The only thing you can do, is talk to her in a mature manner, and discuss some compromises. Let her know where you are, when you'll be home, who you're with, and so on.

I'm sure if you handle it as an adult, she'll be more likely to reason with you as compared to if you are yelling at her.

You might not like the rule, but your mom is only trying to look out for you the best way she knows how. Just be glad your mom cares enough to look out for you instead of letting you run wild and do anything you want. And when you are a mom one day, you'll have rules your kids won't like. It's the circle of life.

I agree, dating at a young age is overrated. Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, relationships can be a lot of time and work, not all fun and games.