Hmmmmm....how long are we talking? Years? Months? Some men end long term things because they simply grow tired of them. When a man loves a woman...the RIGHT woman. commitment doesn't scare him. However..there ARE men who are terrified of marriage.....just the mere word makes them break out in hives. Men can and WILL date or even live with a woman for years..just don't say the "M" word. It somehow conjures up images of shackles and chains for them. I think it just depends on how you approach the "commitment" issue with them.

I think it just depends on how you approach the "commitment" issue with them.

Thanks LP! You got a point there though somehow i think no one can actually know what's the "right" approach until you try it out and see the result.

And in some cases, you will get to see only their shoe prints at the mere mention of the slightest, slightest idea or hint of this. Don't you think?

I don't believe in FEAR of committment. I believe in FEAR of being hurt or not ready.

I strongly believe someone can split because

a) they aren't ready.. they have their own personal issues to work out

b) they aren't ready emotionally, for that chance of hurt

c) it isn't the person they want to actually COMMITT to

I don't believe in FEAR of committment. I believe in FEAR of being hurt or not ready.

I strongly believe someone can split because

a) they aren't ready.. they have their own personal issues to work out

b) they aren't ready emotionally, for that chance of hurt

c) it isn't the person they want to actually COMMITT to

Hmmm...so...reasons a and b can actually lead to FEAR OF COMMITTMENT. Of course c is not as it is actually "fear" of that particular person.

Thanks!

Hmmm...so...reasons a and b can actually lead to FEAR OF COMMITTMENT. Of course c is not as it is actually "fear" of that particular person.

Thanks!

I just think it's a little ridiculous to think someone runs off just because there's an oncoming committment and they have no underlying issue behind it. Like, OH NO she wants to get MARRIED?! I'm OUTTA HERE! I don't know WHY but I don't like the sound of that marriage thing!