No Sympathy/Emotion

This isn't really a big issue, but one I have been interested in with myself.

I tend to not ever show any sympathy for something bad that happens, 90% of the time. You know you hear about people who die, I never feel sad, I have no feelings. If one of my friends died, I don't think I would cry, all I would be is as much as be upset that they don't exist. I feel like I am a horrible person, in a way, because I never really care what happens in life..

It's a bit hard to explain sort of. I mean..I don't love anyone as greatly but my "boyfriend" (Who I would be upset if something happened to them) Still,..I never show sympathy/care for a death/horrible situation.

Well I never really was an emotional person when I was your age...I think these things actually take time to develop.

If you lack those feelings it does NOT make you a bad person. You simply react to things differently.

You also said that you would feel something if something happeneded to your boyfriend, well this shows you do have this emotion but it just acts only when you feel deeply connected with someone - this is why you would feel this way with a boyfriend but not the friend of a friend.

Don't feel bad about this, it does not make you a bad person.

I feel like I am a horrible person, in a way, because I never really care what happens in life..
Is this because of disillusionment or disinterest or just a feeling of not being connected to the world or what?

If this is related to the way you feel emotion then I wouldn't be so concerned, like I said these things change and develop as we mature.

If it is simply a matter of attitude well then it can be changed if you want it to be changed.

I think the changes that occur are both a result of physiological change and also they arise from experience and the way we see life (and yes that will change!).

Erk, I don't know. It certainly doesn't make you a bad person. In fact, I think your type of personality could be very good for certain occupations, such as therapists, paramedics, police. You need to be help out in these jobs, you don't need to sympathize. I do think that you will want to try to learn what others are feeling even if you don't feel it yourself. This is important to relating to others. It doesn't mean again that you have to FEEL the same way, just understand how THEY feel. I really mean it with the careers that need people who can deal with trauma and loss well. Doctors too. A lot of people don't really feel things for others but they have learned to sympathize and to express sympathy. This is the important thing. Hang in there kid!