i am going to start at the beginning and make this as short and sweet as possible. My gf and i first started dating on may 26th 2004. i broke up with her last year at the biginning of november and we started dating again in late january. during that time though her and my best friend got really close, almost like brother and sister. since then we have had to take a couple of 1 week hiatuses from eachother because we saw eachother to much. that is the back ground on this story. my best friends name for this story will be joe, and he goes to wahsington high school, whille me and my gf go to linclon high school.

about 3 weeks ago she told me that my best friend told her that he was over her and then she claimed that she didnt know before that he liked her. then just friday night she asked me if it was alright to go to washingtons winter formal dance with joe. and i said whatever. i have been thinkin about it and i think that it was disrespectful of him to not ask me if i minded his takin her first.

i dont want it to seem like i think that i own her. she is her own self and can make her own descisions. but he should have asked me if i would be offended or jealous fo his takin her. she also just told me that she told him to ask me but that he didnt.

and in case this does sound like jealousy it is. i think that she is having more fun with him tonight than she ever has with me.

should i be worried? is it wrong for me to expect to be asked if i minded?

i have been thinkin about it and i think that it was disrespectful of him to not ask me if i minded his takin her first.
I would agree.

But, it may have just been an oversight. He may simply have not thought that it was necessary. I wouldn't hold it against him.

Should you be worried?

No, I don't think so.

I think it is perfectly normal for her to go out with him and have fun.

I doubt you have anything to worry about...that's just a matter of their characters.

Your girlfriend was nice enough to ask you (personally, I don't think she had to do this) and so this is a positive.

First of all, I think it's pretty shady on HIS part. It's ONLY shady if you didn't know HE had feelings for her, but you went after her anyway. It ISN'T shady if you BOTH knew you both wanted her in the first place.

Either way, why is she with you then? She's going to winter formal with him, while she's with you? I see why you'd be bothered. It just ISN'T right. You don't have to sit here and wonder about it.

I think it all depends on the REAL reasons why you guys broke up to begin with. Was it more of her not feelin it? Or you?

Anyway- she grew close to her bestfriend. She KNOWS he likes her. She's either:

A. Stringing him along- likes the attention, but isn't all that attracted to him.

B. Stringing you along- in this case- I highly doubt it. If she wasn't feeling it with you, she would've been like, "Tata. C-ya later!" when you came knockin on her door. But, she gave you a CHANCE, even after the breakup, and she is STILL with you.

I really don't think that she likes him all that much. She just enjoys the attention. If she was REALLY that into him, she would've broken up with you by now. She would've left you for him. She's just having her fun. She knows it. But, don't worry. What goes around, comes around. Need not to worry. If she's not being honest to you, someone else will. This doesn't mean that you should break up and feel bad, but just look at her actions. That's what counts!

ok well we talked about it right after i posted this and she said that she told him to ask me and that when he didnt she didnt think anything of it. then last night i had a young lady who we both know ask me if i would go to her winter formal with her and i told her to ask my gf first. when she did my gf was really rude to her.

Am I in the twilight zone? or what? so, chris has a gf, shes become close with his friend, and she wants to goto a dance with him? ill repeat:

a girl, with a bf, wants to goto a dance..with a guy who isnt her bf? ok, thats odd

then, the bf of that girl..is asked to goto the same dance by another girl, which his gf doesnt like?

heres the thing? why dont you just go with your gf? and have the girl who asked you go with your friend? and since youre in different schools, if u cant do that, why not you go with the girl who asked, your gf go with your friend..and you SWITCH partners once there? this avoids your gf going to the dance with another guy, which in itself doesnt make sense