Working out with weights

Im 16 and half, male and i weigh about 75 kg. Ive been working out with weights a little lately. Every second night i lift a 5 kg dumbell at reps increasing by 5 until i reach 20 then reducing by 5 each time. Im just wondering if my routine is as good as it could be... and also weather im lifting the right weight dumbell for my age size. Also any advice on anything extra could be doing to help with health while working out would be apreciated.

basically i just want to build my general upper body... so all of those areas. Im not really sure what id call the routine but il try to explain it. I do an equal ammount of each. I do bicep curls and also another where i start with with the dumbell by my shoulder and my elbow by my ribs, then i stretch the weight upwards till my arm is fully extended. And i do a little bit but not as much where i start with my arm fully extended downwards and move the weight till my arm is at a right angle with my body. I hope that explains clear enough.I dont have any specific goals but i want to be bigger and stonger in my upper body.

The main upper body muscles are: chest, biceps, triceps, and shoulder/back.

Go to this site. It has some workouts with dumbells.

link removed

If you are going for looks, chest and triceps are probably the main areas you want to work on. When you flex your arms, having good triceps really makes your arm appear bigger.

Hope that helps.

I would recommend push-ups, as they really nail the chest and triceps. The curls you are doing will work the biceps, just make sure you don't cheat with them. They are tons of sites out there to help give you workouts and plans, so search around. BTW, take in as much protein as you can, or else your work will be in vain...