An older inner-self

I was just wondering what your thought on this were.

A friend of mine once told me that he thought of me as a 78 year old trapped in the body of an 18 year old. At the time, i thought it was kind of funny and didn't take him too serously. I've mentioned it to others and several people have agreed with him. When I lived overseas with my parents, the only "parties" I went to were the adult get together my parents went to for work. I feel so much more mature than everyone else and many times I try to be a part of what other college kids around me are doing, it doesn't really work out. I have fun sometimes but look where I am on a Saturday night, alone in my room. Not only do I not mind getting dressed up, I enjoy it and would gladly do it every day. I refuse to drink cheap liquor or beer nor will I drink it to the point of sloppy drunkeness like so many kids my age. i just can't help but wonder if my friend was right. Maybe everything will work out fine for me once I get to the mid 20s or 30 year old crowd. I just think it would suck to wait that long

G'day

I don't think it is anything to be concerned about. I too am that way inclined. I never was one for going to clubs and parties with people of my own age. I feel very out of place. That scene really is not for me. I have tired to go on a number of occasions but regret it everytime.

I feel more at home mingleing around people of 40 and up. I don't know what it exactly is but if it makes you happy then I don't see anything wrong in that.

Example. Just recently I was invited for drinks for a fairwell party for one of my high school friends. I didn't really want to go because of the issue at hand but I went anyway. Most of my old school friends were there but you know I didn't talk to them once that night. The people who I talked to were her parents and other adults who were in her family that were also there. I ended up having a great time.

Dont let it get to you. Enjoy their wisdom.