Is there something wrong with me?

hammo

I am almost 18 and I've never gone out with a girl. It's not that i'm desparate and i want any girl that'll take me, but i always get rejected, always getting the whole "I like u as a friend" speech.

Various girls have told me that i'm sweet, nice, funny, good looking and cute. They love talking to me. They love to punch me, poke, hit me, tickle me. So why then do they never like me as more than a friend? What can i do to change this?

Yea, i know. You tell urself, ok i'm gonna stop trying and maybe they'll come to me. But no, nothing happens.

I've just finished high school, and i'm going to university in a few months, so it'll give me a chance to meet new people.

If anyone has any advice on how to meet girls and not be just friends, now would be a useful time to spill it.

Anything i could do during the holidays, any changes i could make?

I'm a woman and I'll be more than happy to help!

I've seen many guys that are my good friends in situations like this, they find that the women that are in their lives are more interested in becoming friends and anything else. What I've also noticed about these guys is that they are, for the most part, the "nice guys".

When a girl meets a "nice guy", it's often a double-edged sword. We all know there are girls out their with the "bad-guy" syndrome...you know that one where they are attracted to a man who doesn't respect them, doesn't treat them the way they should be treated and they often go to their "nice guy" friend for support. I'm not familiar with your particular situation; however, I can say a few things. "Nice guys" have a tendency to project that image to us in a way that is not a "I am attracted to you way", but "I'm going to be the 'nice guy' and maybe you'll end up liking me" sort of way...this is not the way for you to get on our "datable list". Most women (at least the ones I know) immediately classify you as datable or not within a few brief words with you. We can tell if you are someone that we would be interested in dating.

I would suggest that you first become confident with yourself. Realize inside that you're a great catch. Then, when you're out meeting women, be confident, fun and flirt with them. You must project the appropriate body language so they understand that you are not interested in being "friends", you are interested in dating. I am a woman who relates more to guys in that, most of my friends are guys and I am more comfortable around guys. I often practice my flirtation skills on them because I know it won't lead to anything, try this with some of your female friends.

Always remember to be confident, women will immediately recognize if you are not confident right away, and this will lead to you falling on their "not-datable" list...it just is not an attractive trait.

I am almost 18 and I've never gone out with a girl. It's not that i'm desparate and i want any girl that'll take me, but i always get rejected, always getting the whole "I like u as a friend" speech.

Various girls have told me that i'm sweet, nice, funny, good looking and cute. They love talking to me. They love to punch me, poke, hit me, tickle me. So why then do they never like me as more than a friend? What can i do to change this?

I'm 21, and have never had a g/f before. I really don't know what to say, but to keep your head up. That's basically what I've been trying to do all these years. I still feel that little hope inside that wants to explode. I hope you have that inside you too, just don't let it fade away!

Go to that thread I posted. It is about guys who are in your exact same situation. Everything you do wrong and the things you can do to help correct the situation can be found there. Please read it if you want to fix your situation.