Huh????

Please help me.

I seriously am on the Himalaya of confusion when i think about my x girl friend -- now Best friend.

To wrap up the past episodes I would just lay in a para.

I and her started a relationship 2 yrs before... then due to certain problems and situations I had to move out of the city for pursuing my studies. We had a series of problems which i think are a part of LDRs but it consisted of another person -- i know thats bad.

Anyway.. after all this and 1 1/2 yrs she said that she didnt feel the way she used to and couldnt bear all the mistrust and tensions which occurred which continuosly deviates her from her studies.

Ok that was the past. She convinced me that she really considers me to be her true friend (after the incident took and i didnt talk to her for 1 month).

This continues -- but everytime I told her should i have any hope for a relationship in the far future - she would say that she really doesnt know and i seriously shouldnt wait for anything in my life.

Now, I came to my town.. didnt met her -- she really felt bad.. cried etc. So I came back to my town again -- went to her house for an hour or so but couldnt talk much about what I wanted cuz her mother was with us all the time.

So, just now I talked to her on the phone and we were talking of the trust that parents have on us. So thats why she was saying that even while talking to me or anyother person on the phone (even when alone in the house) she would talk only for a limited time cuz this is how things should be.

I agreed but said 'I really wanted us to be alone when I came to her house to talk freely about many things i wanted to tell her, and thats how i thought things would be when I came to the town to meet you. But I guess this will never come.' On this she said -- it will. So i said but when... she said that this is uncertain but it would surely come.

She has said both the things -- The trust and the limitation and the other which is the 'free' girl many times before... the free girl is the one she used to be when we were having a relationship.

Pls tell me what can you infer about this .... i know she isnt flirting cuz we are way over that now. I spend most of my time thing remembering her words and sentences and try to infer things -- many times i find that she meant for the positive, but her actions are negative to the situation... so i have already spent a lot of time on this sentence of hers so pls tell me what can you infer/see from this.

We'd all love to help you with this one but unfortunately none of us are mind readers.

You sound like me. I over-analyze stuff too.

I think the only way you are going to get any straight answers is by asking straight questions.

I'm sorry I can't suggest anything else.

Good luck and take care.

You read way too much into what she says. What about what she does? If she wanted to be with you, wouldn't she be with you? Life is too short to be wasted pining over some girl who only wants to keep you in the background until she finds someone else to occupy her time. Time to move on buddy. You don't really see her as a friend anyway.