how can i tell

Well it's not going to be easy.

It really all depends on how he acts around other people and how he acts around you. Guys, like girls, will drop hints and let you know they want to be more then friends.

If he hugs you longer then he hugs all the other girls he's around that's a hint. If he likes to try to catch your eye, that's another. Playing footsies is a good sign too. Other then that all the regular signs could just be seen as something friends do.

I say if you really like him and he seems physically close to you give it a shot. Just take things slow when you start and don't get too attached and you can still be friends after.

I hope this helps.

Hi Ineedhim,

I would like to suggest you that you start talking to him. First walk by him, say 'hi' and smile. The second time you might ask him: "Hey again, how are you doing?" and smile. The next time, why not saying: "Hey again, how you're doing and how was your weekend?". If you REALLY have the gutts you might even drop him a compliment left and right. That will give him some clues, I bet.

Look at his body responses and see how he reacts to your comments and questions. I think that will give you an idea wether he likes you or not.

I hope that this helped you... good luck

~ SwingFox ~

In that case I'd focus more on SwingFox's advice. You can really tell a lot about how someone is feeling by the tone of their voice. When you call him and he recognizes it's you does his voice sound more excited? I mean this won't be an everyday thing as it won't show when he's feeling down.

If you don't see him very often make an effort to see him. You guys are friends so ask him if he wants to go to the park or out for ice cream or something where you can spend some one on one. See what his reaction to that is. If he's all for it then you're probably good to go and should ask him if he wants to be your bf if things go well during your outing.

I hope this helps.