Why Do Men Go Back to Their EX's?

Lonelyfish

Well to answer your question. it has been 6 months and I do still miss him. However, during that time I have dated and allowed myself to meet someone new if they come into my life, but deep down I know what I had with my EX BF, it was something very different and so for that reason I think in the end he and I may have a chance.

As for an update, I decided to call him yesterday, because in July when we last spoke he asked if he could call again and I told him if I wanted to talk that I would call him. I didn't want to be caught off guard and since that time he has respected my wishes and not called. So, I figured that enough time has passed and I am not as hurt as I once was and so now I think I am ready to talk again. As for my phone call, he didn't answer, however he was at work at the time (He's a Firefighter) so, I left him a brief message that was nice, but not emotional. As I said before I am hoping that the door has been once again opened and since my birthday is on Sunday that would be a good opportunity to call, so I am waiting and hoping I will hear from him this weekend.

Bams

Well, as for an update, my Ex did call. He said that there are reminders of me everywhere and so how could he forget me. I also asked him if he still loved me, I know risky, however he said how could he not love me. I don't think we are going to get back together anytime soon, he has a lot on his plate and I don't think he has time for me, but it does open things up for the future. As for now I just hope we can occasionally date and enjoy each others company, then when he is completely divorce who knows maybe it could work out next time around.

Bams

Bams,

Let us know how things go with your ex. When will his divorce be finalized? As for me I'm still wating to hear from my ex through email. I had told him I needed time and just said to email me once he moved into his place. A mutual friend of ours told me he still has not set up an email account yet but that he was planning on emailing me after he does. I know he's busy and not home much but haven't talked to him besides a silly text message in over a month and 1/2. It's just agonizing waiting to here from him. Every now and then I get the urge to call but I come here and read all the posts and know better not to. I'm doing OK but there's just some lonely times that really get to me! Sometimes I just wonder if I just called him if it would help break the ice - since he was previously married it's not like he's dealt with many breakups.

Lonelyfish,

Don't call, give him time, because I truly believe that if someone loves you they will come back. However, I do have to tell you that on rare occasions I would find a need to email my Ex, because we had been living together and so I would come accross an issue that I needed to discuss with him. So, when that occurred I would email (not call) and I would always end the email with something sweet and kind, but simple.

Goodluck, I know its hard waiting, but if he really truly loves you he will be back and if he doesn't then in the long run you are probably better off.

Bams