desperate need of advice!!!

ok here goes...... my boyfriend and I of 7 months were doing great.... I am his first ever relationship, let alone serious..... Well we were doing good and then this girl started talking to him and day by day it seemed he was here w/ me but he wasnt... He told me he cared about me and it wuld make him really upset the day i stopped caring about him.... Well he told me about 1 week ago he wanted to just take a break becuz he wants to be w/ me and has all these feelings, but yet wants to be able to hang out w/ other ppl to figure out his feelings..... Well last night we were sitting there and he asked what I thought about splitting up for awhile and I had told him I was going to tell him the same thing.... I think it hurt him the most knowing I was thinking it too..... BUt I wasnt just going to sit back and watch him and that other girl talk and hang out... He said he' wouldn't promise we'd get back together, but he wuld have to see for himself.... I told him if I wans't in his life, he wuld be able to see what he really wanted and maybe faster, and he said he doesn't want me out of his life.... I know at age 20 relationships can be confusing, I told him we culd still talk n stuff..... I think a little piece of me is hoping he'll hang out w/ other girls but realize I am the one he wants to be with...... He seemed upset to know I am talking to my ex again and he just kept saying, I know you'll get back together w/ him, i can just feel it..... he was upset to hear that... But yea I told him this break up wuld make him realize 1 of 2 things...........1 he wants to be w/ me.... or 2 he doesnt........... We will always care about each other and have feelings for each other. is there any hope you think we'll get back together???

Yes, there is some hope maybe you'll get back together. But don't kill yourself waiting by the phone for him to call you or anything.

He can't help the way he feels, and he was honest with you. That being said, I think you should go to no contact with him for a while. There's no good in you seeing him with other girls if it will upset you. And if he really does want you, there's nothing that will help him figure that out quicker than having you out of his life for a while.

i totally agree.... i told him if i wasn't around in his life he'd figure out what he wanted and he said he doesnt want me out of his life... ALSO, he wanted my best friend to call me last night to see what I was doing.... So its hard for me cuz I know he still thinks about me.... but yea he's hanging out w/ another girl.....

yea definitely i agree......... I told him if i was out of his life it wuld make him realize what he wanted..... If i was out of his life, but he' doesn't want me out of his life..... my friend didn't call me but told me today that he wanted to know where i was........ Does this mean he still thinks about me?? I duno if he cares so much about me, why he's hanging out and talking to that other girl.... it pisses me off that the girl keeps interfering too!!!! its really hard not to keep in contact just becuz there is a thought of getting back together