When I was 15 I lost my virginity to my boyfriend. I do not regret it, because I loved him. He and I lasted a year and 3 months. Right now it has been a few months and I am quite over him. It is just I feel it would be so much easier to walk away if he had not taken this from me. It does not make me miss him but it just makes me think that I can never fully appreciate myself. I do not think I will ever forget my first. I know girls place a lot of meaning on their virginity, but do guys?

What I really wanted to know is if guys remember their firsts, or if they feel connected to their firsts at all.

Hello Enchanter,

Thank you for coming to us again with your ideas. You brought a very interesting idea towards us, for which I also thank you.

I am sorry to hear that you feel a little confused, that you have lost your virginity to a guy that you are not with anymore. This is a very human and natural response. The first time for most people is very special and something you don't forget.

In time you will give all this a place in your heart and you will find confidence and appreciation again, once you found a guy that you totally have fallen for again.

I hope that this helped you on your way and wish you a bright future

~ SwingFox ~

Enchanter, My first time was very similar to yours as well. Except it was reversed (I'm the guy). It was very romantic, candles, music, love and all that fun stuff. I dated the girl for around a year and a month. It was my first love relationship. I'll let you know that this was many years ago. To this day I remember very vividly my first experience and I know I will never forget it. I think remembering your first has to do more with whom it's with and what it means rather then it being just a first. Anyways to answer your question he will remember it.

However that doesn't really matter, at least you can say that your first time was for love not drunken teen hormones (even if it played a part ;o) I'm sure you will look back and have fond memories. Look at it this way; now that you have had sex in love, you can have it without. Look at all the new possibilities! (Ignore that last part, just make sure your careful) and don't worry; once the pain is gone, this special bond will always bring you fond memories.

Hey Swingfox I Strongly Agree With Your Words...

Enchanter,

I believe that The First Time Is The Most Important...well I Get Alot Of My Friends Saying Ha Your Still A Virgin. Cracking Jokes. But I Know They Mean It Out Of Trying To Be Funny. It Doesn't Bother Me. I Just Laugh With Them. And Keep Telling Them "My Time Will Come" And I Guess Thats What Alot Of Guys Can't Wait For. There Time. They Want To Fit In With There Buddies. And Have Sex At A Young Age. Well I Guess With Me I Don't Or Didn't Feel That Way. But Now I Could Say I'm Ready At Age 22. But Finding The Person Is The Challenge. cause its only something you can have one time,. and loss so Effortlessly.

The first time for anyone is very important. It helps if you're clear minded though. I friend of mine lost his when he was doped up on crazy drugs and he has a deep sense of loss because everyone else he knows really remembers it well.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is it does matter to guys though physically we don't change at all, mentally we do. SO DON'T BE DOPED UP OR YOU'LL MISS OUT ON SOMETHING GREAT!

• 3 weeks later...

I think that every guy in the world remembers his first time. I know I do. mostly it's just the emotional connection to the girl. I mean, I remember vividly the first time I was with all three of the girls I've been with. I loved each of them, and I think that makes it more special.