I was drinking too way too much...so I started replacing some of the cups with tea instead......then slowly changed down to only drinking tea(which I dont like that much)....so I ended up only drinking a cup or two of tea a day....then I stopped and didnt have any for a about 4 months....now im back to drinking about two cups of coffee a day...the break was good

I can relate, I'm a serious coffee nut. Some days I feel like I just can't get started without it. I've tried to quit and have managed a couple times for a while, but I always get sucked back in.

There are claims that link removed, and others saying that link removed. I think that if you drink between one and three cups a day (just one cup if it's Starbucks strength) you should be OK. I found that when I tried to quit I'd get a headache that only coffee could relieve. Cutting down instead of quiting outright might help, starting to drink half decaf and gradually moving to only decaf.

Try to avoid drinking coffee with meals or at the same time as you take a vitamin though, as it interferes with the absorption of some nutrients. Two hours before or after a meal is better.

I drink slightly less than gallon of tea a day. I've been doing this for a while. I figure, every time I get thirsty and drink tea, I'm both saving money and not drinking something with lots of sugar that's going to rot my teeth.

You can also get a lot of variety out of your teas and coffees. I find it to be a very fulfulling pursuit.

Caffeine isn't gonna hurt you unless you're diabetic (increases insulin resistance) or have heart problems. People sometimes say caffeine dehydrates you, but as someone who's lived almost exclusively off of coke and crackers in distant past and tea and crackers in the recent past, I would say that the dehydrating effects of caffeine are not as serious as reported by some.

If you feel like you're dependant on caffeine, and don't like that fact, fine, go ahead and quit. But if you're doing just because someone criticizes you for being a caffeine addict and you don't think it's a problem, then I advise you ignore it and continue drinking your coffee.

My dad had a coffee addiction. Long term coffee drinking can cause dependency. Caffeine becomes less and less efffective. If you truly do have an addiction expect to experience headaches among other syptoms when you quit. Thats what happened to my dad at least. I would go witht he others reccomendations and say switch it for another drink. Like non-caffeinated tea or decaf. Hey at least your not addicted to smoking.