How to ask a special girl for a date?

joedown

Their is a girl at work that i like. I am friends with her sister(19) who is at college at this time.The girl is my age(18).Tonight I took her for a ride on my motorcycle which she said she loves. I just flirt minorly during work.I want to ask her out tomorrow when i go to get paid.I have never asked any of my previous girlfriend out,things just happened. Overall what is the best way to ask her out to a movie this friday.Oh and just an FYI: She is a very nice girl and seems old fashion if that helps. Thanks everyone!!

Go for it and ask her out. If the movie thing worked well for you start with that. If she wants to do more after, go for a walk in the park. Coffee. Keep it simple and be respectful. Esp if she is old fashioned. Hard to know what you mean by that. Everyones defo is different. I mean from say hello to her partents you are taking her out - to just don't get grabby. Either way your safe.

Good luck. Ohh and flowers never hurt.

Well I asked her out and now im really nervous.Everyone at work told me to act normal and pretend she just one of my best friends,but don't know how easy it will be to actually do that.My plans now are to take her out on a weekday and go casual,but should I bring a white rose to the door? Also im scared of not knowing what to say. Thank for your help!!

It's normal to get anxious. If she is old-fashioned like you say, be a gentleman, but always make it clear how you feel about her. Smile! Hold her hand as often as is appropriate. Don't overdo it, but embrace the opportunities to let her know how you feel about her whenever and wherever you can. Just show her a good time and don't forget to have fun!

one last question,first should i bring a rose to the door on the first date. Last,is it ok to gently put your arm on her back?? Thank you so much for your help.

No gifts. She isn't your girlfriend. Most of the time other girls always tell you that it is sweet and that you should do this, but serious, don't. Don't listen to that stuff. No gifts.

Whenever a guy has brought me a single red rose, it has made me feel warmer towards him. It is sweet, and we do appreciate it.

See, girls say that but don't do it. No offense Annie, this comes from experience because I have done this so many times and it never helps.

Besides, to some people it looks as if you are trying to buy their affection. You can do extra special romantic things for her when she is your girlfriend, but if you are just getting to know her or are just starting to date her, don't do it.

Just be yourself, be friendly, smile a lot, listen to what she has to say, and compliment her looks/outfit once. Not more because you don't want to look silly, but at least once because she probably spent hours getting ready for you and I am sure she would like positive feedback.

Yes, but I have also been a female for 25 years. I know what I like and what I don't. Every guy that has brought me flowers - that just made me want to kiss him. Most every girl will tell you, we've saved roses that we've gotten from guys, because it just made us feel really good. Especially if she's the "old-fashioned" type of girl, I think a single rose will really warm her up.

Besides, yes, most girls spend several hours getting ready for a date so that they look nice for the GUY!!! I don't think that guys know this, but before a date, most girls will get a manicure, pedicure, maybe go to the hairstylist, maybe buy a new outfit, or some perfume, or a new pair of high heels. Isn't a $2.50 rose a nice gesture in response to that effort?

I would never think that a man is trying to buy my affections with a single $2.50 rose. I think I'm worth far more than that

Maybe buying the rose didn't work for some guys, because their jerk attitude during the rest of the date turned the girl off...

Besides, yes, most girls spend several hours getting ready for a date so that they look nice for the GUY!!! I don't think that guys know this, but before a date, most girls will get a manicure, pedicure, maybe go to the hairstylist, maybe buy a new outfit, or some perfume, or a new pair of high heels. Isn't a $2.50 rose a nice gesture in response to that effort?

I would never think that a man is trying to buy my affections with a single $2.50 rose. I think I'm worth far more than that

Maybe buying the rose didn't work for some guys, because their jerk attitude during the rest of the date turned the girl off...

Hey, don't get insulting. What the hell? I have never in my life been a jerk to a girl, and just because I don't think it is necessary to buy a girl presents for a first date doesn't make me a jerk in any way. Are you always this judgemental?

I think it's clear that you won't listen to my points or anything I have to say because now you are going to be biased. If you think you can keep an open mind to my points then by all means continue reading. If not, don't bother.

I think complimenting a girl on how she looks is a perfectly acceptable way to show her that you appreciate the work she put in to looking nice. I don't think I have to shower her with gifts to do that.

The main point behind not buying a present is the motivation behind it. Most guys who do it, regardless of what they say, are doing it for the wrong reasons. They buy her gifts like this not so much for her, but because they want her to see him as a great guy. I don't think this is necessary because if you are a good guy then she doesn't need you to buy her presents for her to see that. If you don't want to believe this, then don't. It's the truth for why most "Nice Guys" do this. It goes back to the whole "Nice Guy" definition of how they use niceness in a way to get people to like them.

If someone was buying a girl flowers for her, then I think that means something. This is why I believe you shouldn't be buying presents for someone you don't know yet whom you want to make a good impression to. Your intentions are obvious. If it is for your current significant other, then you are buying her a gift for her rather than trying to get her to see you a certain way by a bribe-which is what I think this is.

Thanks for all the advice.I can't stop worrying about this dat and it's not till next friday. From talking with my Friends that are girls,they all told me that Taking a single rose to the door makes them all feel good.They also told me that they wish their current boyfriends would have done that.Im going to try to be myself through the date though.Thanks for your help.

Thanks for all the advice.I can't stop worrying about this dat and it's not till next friday. From talking with my Friends that are girls,they all told me that Taking a single rose to the door makes them all feel good.They also told me that they wish their current boyfriends would have done that.Im going to try to be myself through the date though.Thanks for your help.

What did you expect them to say? That they hated it?

Do you know a guy that is really successful with women? Ask him if he ever does that for first dates.