How to stay calm and collected..?

I've posted my full story here in the past, its been about 2.5 months now since the break-up...

I'll recap quickly :

My Ex dumped my after a 3 year relationship (lived together) because she wasn't in love with me anymore but still loved me...

We tried getting back together but in the end I decided that it wasn't going to work. I decided to end it due to the fact that she didn't want to become emotional in anyway with me because she was afraid of hurting me again... I felt that if she wasn't prepared to take a risk then there was no point in trying to trust her again.

I wish I could reach a point where I have some emotional stability. Some days I'm so angry that all I can think about is how much I hate her and how she's messed up my life. Then I have days like today where I really miss what I had before and really wish I could have it back...

She sent me an sms last week to ask for a favour and I completely flipped out. I told her to get out of my life because the mere thought of her brought a level of hate and disgust that I felt for no other person...

Then last week Friday I was out with a friend and bumped into my Ex's best friend at a coffee shop. Since then all I can do is think about how much I miss her and I'm wondering what she is up to the whole time...

I really hate feeling like this, I was never such an overly emotional person before. I pride myself on being calm and collected in all situations. Why cant I deal with this?

I don't want to be permanently going through this diverse range of intense emotional states... I cant imagine anything worse than my Ex remembering me as this complete psycho one day because of this.

dude it passes, it goes from hurting all the time to hurting most of the time to hurting sometimes then rarely then hardly.

I used this hate to drive me to do other things like go to the gym, now i am a regular and love it and have meet a few good friends through the gym, so channel you energies into something else.