what do you do when someone disrespects you?

either in what they say, or through their actions?

what can i as a person do about this? is it something about me that makes them disrespect me? or is it something about them that makes them disrespectful for no reason?

what i can do? i hate disrespect. i dont want to take it.

well it depends. I mean is this one person that does it a lot to you? Or is it several people that disrespect you?

If it's one person, and they are close to you I would tell them what they say bothers you and how you feel about it.

With me, if i feel disrespected no matter who it is I will say something to them but still be polite in doing it. If they think what i said is funny or they shrug it off I will repeat myself one more time before I get myself away from that situation. I don't want to be surrounded by people like that because I believe you treat people how you would like to be treated.

The topic of disrespect is subjective. What you percieve has disrespectul may not be percieved in the same way by others. Innately humans try to be good. People don't like to do bad things knowing well that what they are doing is bad. A good start to solving your problem is confronting the issue when it arrises. For all we know it might just be a misunderstanding of individual differences. Explain your perspective and try to understand theirs. From there you and the person causing you to feel disrespected may understand each other more. Don't let things slide. The more you try to ignore things the more it will tick you off. Also, try not to confront the issue aggressively. Try to be neutral in your approach and talk things through. This may take a little more effort on your part, but it may be worth it if it can save you some emotional stress.