I've lost what was left my hope

I couldn't find the staffing firm that I drove an hour from home to get to. I tried calling and the number didn't work. On the way home I got in yet another car accident. I have had nothing but one problem after another and I can't take anymore. I've had two staffing firms tell me I was their only applicant and then I never hear back from them. I mean what is so wrong with me that no one will offer me a job, even a temp job?

We have almost no food in the house. I have about $60 to my name, only because I've been using my credit card. I'm beyond discouraged. I don't care how long I've lived and how much I've made it through, I've peaked and I can't take it anymore.

My ex is not working. He gave notice at his job because he was offered one pending a background check. Well domestic assault showed up so the offer was revoked. He had just bounced a bunch of checks putting our joint account in the negative for a while. That is when I opted to take the money I had leftover from the car and open my own checking account. He's trying to find out how much I have and get me to buy food that he'll eat, otherwise he goes to parents for meals but does't take our daughter. Since most places don't take checks anymore I can't really access the money until I get my new ATM card.

As for the other job, I figure I have no choice but to go now, but I was trying to find a paying job. I mean the hours for this one suck, there's no way I could maintain that long term. I have to work when daycare is open (that job requires a lot of evenings), which is fine as a married person not when I'm single. Then there's the whole wasting time and gas to get someplace that most likely won't ever pay me anything. Average timeframe for a loan to close is 90 days they said. So really is it worth going? I'm not sure but at this time it's all I've got so I guess so.

My jobs have varied a lot. I've worked in customer service (taking reservations for a car rental company) 1 1/2 yrs., transportaion (qualified drivers, maintained files) 10 months (too much filing which I hated, boss suggested I apply for the 2nd accounting position), accounting (reconsile past due accounts (1 1/2 yrs.), freight invoice payments (3+ yrs.), and various other mixed in there positions (longer term temp jobs). Stayed Best Buy for 5 years, varied positions.

Basically I'm looking for anything with regular business hours (ideally full-time, but have started applying for part-time). I was making about $3-4/hr more than most jobs are paying now. As far as computer programs I'm intermediate level (Access, Oracle, Excel, Word, etc...), alpha number data entry about 11K, typing 60wpm. Learning this from the various tests I've been taking at staffing firms.

I did call about housing they suggested subsidized since section 8 is full, well I need a job to pay the rent anyway. We're on state medical. We did food stamps for a while when she was a baby and he was laid off, but I never used them because she couldn't tollerate the formula.

I've been trying to turn it around and all I hit are walls or slammed doors. I'm a very broekn person now. I can't find a way out and suicide is all I can think of now. I've tried everything I know to do. I've prayed for solutions and still have more problems. I really thought the nicer car was a sign of better times to come and now that's damaged and I can't file a claim to repair it or I won't have insurance. I've had the car for 6 days. I can't find solace in my house because my ex is always around now that he's not working again. I have no one, I have nothing. I thought I had hit bottem already. Everyone is sick of my problems, well I'm sick of my life.

I've been trying to turn it around and all I hit are walls or slammed doors. I'm a very broekn person now. I can't find a way out and suicide is all I can think of now. I've tried everything I know to do. I've prayed for solutions and still have more problems. I really thought the nicer car was a sign of better times to come and now that's damaged and I can't file a claim to repair it or I won't have insurance. I've had the car for 6 days. I can't find solace in my house because my ex is always around now that he's not working again. I have no one, I have nothing. I thought I had hit bottem already. Everyone is sick of my problems, well I'm sick of my life.

Well I'm not sick of your problems and we'll talk it out til things get better, Okay?

Suicide is not an option - you have children.

Life can be harsh, but it's not unfair - you've got just as many oppertunities as you have holes to fall in. Send out your CV/resume Now!

Your car is still able to drive, isn't it?

If so, it's not a problem that it's damaged just now. When you get money coming in; you can consider getting it fixed. For now, it's doing it's job and you're going to bare with it.

Jetta - you must keep your head up. Bad times can defeat someone if they don't strive for a better future.

Yes it's driveable. Two light fronts are broken and something scrapes when I drive bit my ex said he pushed it up so it shouldn't now. On the phone he's mean in person he fakes compassion. My son is with his dad now permanently because his dad is more structured and that is what my son needs. He's doing really well with his dad. Really improving, getting good reports from school (behavior wise) I'm told. So he's really turning around. He's still in some special ed programs (because he needs more focussed attention, easily distracted). But overall he's better off now I'm told.

I just don't know who I am anymore. I know I wasn't able to take care of him the way he needed, mainly because I'm falling apart myself these days. But hearing the word permanently well it's awful even if I know it's in his best interest.

Now I sit here and think so I have my daughter and odds are I'm screwing her up too.

I don't know where to begin. I'm so worried about basic needs I don't know where to start. I know I can do better with my daughter because she doesn't have the parential requirements he does and now I"ll have the energy and ability to focus on her. Even the social worker has said not everyone can parent a special needs child and my son is a special needs child. He looks normal, which is part of the problem (society thinks he's normal and expects normal behavior from him). But he has some additional parenting requirments that I just couldn't do, and amazingly his dad turns out to be the right fit, which I"m glad about but sad about too.

I just want out of this house and I'm trying to do anything to get out. I don't know what to do since I'm not getting a job as easily as I expected to. My friend says I need to get away well if I do that I may miss a job opportunity. And I could do is go to my mom's who will just lecture me about how much I've screwed up my life. I really don't know what to do right now.

Look, you are not in the position to choose which job you want...you should go out looking for any decent job that will pay you an income right now.

Then you can decide on the other more promising jobs out there...

You also must remember that you have no choice but to stay positive...

Hope it works out and I will be praying for you...

Well I have a job interview Monday. The jobs sounds really interesting. It's a temp to hire one and they said to dress professionally. I may have some professional type garments but I'm more business wear than professional wear so already I'm worried I won't dress right.

Well I have a job interview Monday. The jobs sounds really interesting. It's a temp to hire one and they said to dress professionally. I may have some professional type garments but I'm more business wear than professional wear so already I'm worried I won't dress right.

Don't worry.

What do they mean by professionally?

Suits and ties for guys the memo said. So I'm thinking full business suits for woman (which I don't own). I have suit jackets that I usually wear with pants and some jackets with long skirts but true professional wear isn't really in my waredrobe. The below knee skirts look bad on me.

I temped there once about 9 years ago (a 1 week job turned into 6 months). The department I was in was business casual, however they had some that were fully professional so I could be interviewing in that area. The job sounds really cool, but it's a new field for me (marketing coordinator). So I really think it would be a miracle if I got it. However I still want to do my best.

Positive thoughts, Jetta. You Can Do This.

If you want it more than any of the other candidates - it will show.

Clothing - Go with what you think will impress them and the closest thing you have to what they're looking for.

If you get the job - you can always buy the necessary clothing at a later time.

Good Luck, Jetta. I'm really hoping you get this.

I'm actually feeling really good today. Maybe prayers are being sent on my behalf. I know I contacted the church about setting up some counseling sessions and possible referral to a professional. I didn't get into specifics but since I sent it I feel more at peace. Perhaps they added me to their prayer list.

Job interview tomorrow, and the staffing firm has submitted me for another position. I'm really hoping I can be done interviewing and onto working/earning a living.

Tomorrow is a busy day. Hope it's a smooth and fabulous one too.