Getting through your very first date

easyguy

For the guys here who have dated at least a couple girls/women, was your first date -- meaning the first time you ever went on a date with a girl.. period -- as stressful as you had imagined? Any tips on how to relax, especially if you're on the shy side? Obviously, the first date with a girl in general is important because that is her first impression of you (even though she liked you enough to say yes).

I'm still waiting for that first date, but in the mean time, I'd like to hear your experiences with that first leap into the dating world. And yes, I've heard the "just be yourself" thing a million times, but frankly, would that alone seriously ease the -- tension -- between you and your date? Does the atmosphere suddenly change when you are on a date with a girl?

Just curious on your experiences here.

Thanks!

You have to be yourself! don't try to sell yourself.. listen to them, talk to them, do whatever you want..

the more you think about it being a date, the more nervious you'll be. I'm on the shy side, but i usally hide it with my sarcastic humor... and i laugh at myself if i do anything stupid... they like that, because i'm being real. If they don't like the real you.... then what's the point?

You have to be yourself! don't try to sell yourself.. listen to them, talk to them, do whatever you want..

the more you think about it being a date, the more nervious you'll be. I'm on the shy side, but i usally hide it with my sarcastic humor... and i laugh at myself if i do anything stupid... they like that, because i'm being real. If they don't like the real you.... then what's the point?

That sounds alot like me.

Im a bit on the shy side and the way i get around that is with sarcastic humor and laughing at myself - chicks dig that lol