Plain out confused about a girl.

Hi,

Well, I've been in total love with this girl(let's call her Emily) for several months but she keeps telling me she doesn't feel the same. But one of some of my closest and her closest friends keeps telling me to go for it and she'll say yes.

Lately, we've talked on the phone for hours at a time and she's kind of saying that I'm basically replacing her old boyfriend as someone to comfort her but she still doesn't have feelings for me. I (stupidly, might I mention) brought up to Emily that some people have been saying that she feels the same for me, now. After I brought that up, she went pretty quiet and after a few minutes of akward silence, she said she wanted to go to bed.

I don't really know what kind of advice I'm asking but I just don't know what to think and am pretty confused with this situation so if you can give me any advice at all, I'd appreciate it.

D11

Well i would say you are dreaming and hoping that what her friends say is true, but in the meantime you are not listening to the girl herself. She is being straignt forward with you, you are just not hearing her. She could in fact one day grow to like you a bit more, but for now...she is just not in the right place to evaluate her feelings. respect what she tells you, and be a friend.

Well i would say you are dreaming and hoping that what her friends say is true, but in the meantime you are not listening to the girl herself. She is being straignt forward with you, you are just not hearing her. She could in fact one day grow to like you a bit more, but for now...she is just not in the right place to evaluate her feelings. respect what she tells you, and be a friend.

I feel what you're saying, I guess you're basically right...but I kinda get messed wit' and teased because I've had feelings for this for so long and my closest friend, who is a girl, said she could just be embarrassed. I doubt it, though. Why be embarrassed about something like that. I guess I should take her word and be friend. Thanks, segagirl.

dont be too self absorbed, what your friends are saying arent alwyas true, but in a way they could be. i would keep doin what yer doin and wait a while, and hopefully it will come to what u want it to be. dah i really think that this information is totally useless..but at least i tried ya? o well..hope this works, and i hope everything works out for you. i wish the best of luck for you two

-Fender(OutOfAdvice)Rocker17