How do you change luck?

I've been told everything having a dark cloud over my head to being cursed. The most recent remark was that I have the worst luck of anyone they know. Now I don't feel this way but now that it's being brought up I'm really starting to wonder if maybe there is something to these remarks.

I was in a car accident Wednesday and my car is likely totalled. The cops are surprised I survived. I wasn't wearing a seat belt. So to me that's lucky. The fact I was in the car accident wasn't, but still you have to see the good in the bad. Maybe I'm just so used to the bad that I've adapted, or forced myself to find good. I mean I could dwell on the car loss thing (kind of am) or I could push through.

Okay so maybe my luck may not be as grand as anothers but I still see luck in the unlikely situations. Lord knows it could always be worse. Sure I have whiplash and a few scrapes and bruises. But my daughter wasn't with me, the car didn't flip (shocking the cops) and I walked away. Now whose lucky?

I've been told everything having a dark cloud over my head to being cursed. The most recent remark was that I have the worst luck of anyone they know. Now I don't feel this way but now that it's being brought up I'm really starting to wonder if maybe there is something to these remarks.

Simple. Ignore them.

There is no such hing as luck....we been told all our life things as (if u wish for somethign bad it will happened)but to make this true or possible wishing for a good thing must allso happened.Bad things happened more couse our sorroundings.Its like driving to your job each day how come sudently u have an accident and its bad luck when u crashed once out of probably 1000 times u whent to your job...1 out of 1000 aint bad luck =).

Things happened couse they had to happened...simple as that,so dont worry and ignore what people say or what you been told to bolive.Live your life and hope for the best.All im saying is (there no such things as luck or bad luck)

I was in a car accident Wednesday and my car is likely totalled. The cops are surprised I survived. I wasn't wearing a seat belt. So to me that's lucky. The fact I was in the car accident wasn't, but still you have to see the good in the bad. Maybe I'm just so used to the bad that I've adapted, or forced myself to find good. I mean I could dwell on the car loss thing (kind of am) or I could push through.

Okay so maybe my luck may not be as grand as anothers but I still see luck in the unlikely situations. Lord knows it could always be worse. Sure I have whiplash and a few scrapes and bruises. But my daughter wasn't with me, the car didn't flip (shocking the cops) and I walked away. Now whose lucky?

Events, in and of themselves, are neither bad or good they just ARE. It is individuals' interpretations that label events good or bad. What you choose to focus on determines how you're going to experience things. You've chosen (wisely, IMO) to focus on the good of your situation -- you are alive, pretty much in one piece, and your daughter was not with you when it happened.

Stuff happens. That's life. We can choose to continually look at the dark side, the negatives, what's "wrong" or we can choose to look at the brighter side, the positives, and what's "right". Sometimes it is difficult to find the positives --- especially when we are in the midst of a lot of chaos --- but a creative, resourceful and intelligent person will meet that challenge. Because, in the final analysis, the effort to focus on the positive will result in a more pleasant life overall, and will tend to draw more positive things into one's life.