a quick question for you all

lgirl

i just wanted to ask anyone who has ever been dumped by a guy, how long was it before you heard from yr ex again (if you ever did!)? has anyone had the experience of a BITTER break-up, then their ex contacted them out of the blue some time later, after they thought they'd never hear from him again?

thanks for replying. guess it's obvious what's on my mind!

The day i broke up.. my bf told me that i'm too good for him & that i'm so nice & intelligent while he's dumb...blah blah ... & he did it on phone ! anyway all i said in return was that i believe him & agree with him absolutely.. & didn't contact him again. a few days later was christmas & he sent me an sms wishing me & my family good luck.. i didn't respond.

After about two months, i got his letter- & guess what- he apologised for his behaviour & wrote a big explaination (which i think was only to get rid of his guilt). he said that he was not asking me to get back together but he did want to be my friend again !!!

the pt is - if u show them that u r not emotionally dependent on them & start appearing aloof & disinterested... it takes the power away from the other person to hurt you... it shocks them, builds attraction again.. & by not acting desperate to win them back u win respect too .

take care .. avi

once i dated this guy for a few months.. he was the one i got my first kiss from even! then he fell crazy over the girl who hooked us up in the first place, and dumped me right over the phone! we nc for about 2 years, then one day i saw him and her, still together, at a waffle house resturant. we exchanged recent numbers and talk from time to time, but nothing cosmic.

• 4 months later...

Usually if the break up is bitter the last thing you want to hope for is to see him/her again. But yes I had this and 11 years later out of the blue he calls me. By this time I was not bitter anymore but I still did not want to dig up that part of my life ever again. Let sleeping dogs lie.