It's Over. He Just Proved It to Me...

I do care now, and I will no longer take my ex/boyfriends crap.

I wrote him a heartfelt email, since he never lets me talk or express my feelings.

I had just posted here saying that I still wanted him in my life, but after what he did tonight, I don't even care about him anymore as of now.

His reply to my email was exactly this:

"cant you live with out DRAMA ...I come home from work to this email..

woman doesnt anything else come from you? "

How disrespectful and awful does that sound. All the email said was that I didn't have any hard feelings, I DON'T WANT DRAMA, and that we should just be friends. I know it was stupid, but I just wanted things to be cool with us.

Its like he WANTS drama. Nothing is ever simple with him. Maybe it is me, but my intention was never to cause drama. My God, I was trying to move on after he lied and cheated, and he has the nerve to do this.

Im so hurt and mad now, I just had to vent. You guys were all right..

This one is easy for me cause I've been there and done exactly what you're doing now.

I'm giving it to you straight...you're being his doormat for allowing him to have any of your time. He has betrayed you and yet you still allow him into your life.

You have to be the strong one and release him, for good. Meaning, cut him off completely. The longer you allow him to be with you, the less available you are to meet the man of your dreams. If you have this loser around, you are less likely to be in situations that will promote interaction with new people. Does that make sense?

Yes, I understand that he is probably cute and charming and all those wonderful things that made you fall for him in the first place, however you have also witnessed the evil/negative side of him and that's what you should not forget. It's easy to pretend to be the better person, which is what he's doing now, but that person will fade.

He was obviously NOT thinking about how hurt you'll be once finding out about his lies and betrayal. If he can get away with it the first time, what makes you think he won't try harder to not get caught the second time?

You'll be living with mistrust in your heart. It WILL NOT go away. Save yourself the hassel and bite the bullet now. Release the hounds! Be happy with yourself and know that you deserve the best!

You are right. I don't want to be a doormat, and that is what I would be.

I know it probably won't hurt for long in my case because he was such a jerk, but I just see so many people here that are still devastated after so long. That pain is so awful, and I know that the sooner that I let him go the sooner I will be pain free completely, but its just hard.

I may be fooling myself, because I am just trying to avoid the awful pain that comes when the FINAL breakup happens. In my case, it may only take a couple weeks to be happy again, because after all, what is there to miss. The people on this site that are still hurt after months and months probably had a genuine, loving relationship, unlike me where it was pretty much abuse and hurt for the past year.

You are right, I just need to make a clean break.

I will keep posting, and let you all know how it goes.