Anything on Paxil?

You should never stop taking it suddenly, but if you want to discontinue it, talk to your doctor first and he will likely taper the dose until you are through with it.

Paxil's generic name is Paroxetine.

This link should give you all the info you need:

link removed

I used to take it. I took it for about 2.5 years, and I can tell you as someone who went through the withdrawl of it: you're taking it for life. It's not worth the hell that is withdrawl to take it just for awhile. I was only on a measly 20 mg too. I'd look into other drugs before the Paxil. I took it for anxiety, yes it worked but I had sexual side effects (no sex drive whatsoever) and I put on about 30 pounds because of it. I came to this conclusion about the weight after I lost said 30 lbs after I stopped taking it.

I am not saying DON'T! But I *am* saying that you should plan on being on it forever.

link removed

The title of this article kinda says it all.

That was my concern, to the Doc. I asked him if it was addictive, b/c I don't want to be taking medication for the rest of my life. He said it would be safe to take it for 6-9 months. He also mentioned the increase of appetite and potential weight gain but wasn't concerned with it, b/c i'm active and work out.

I never was mentally weak or a constant worrier like I am now, but have thought about taking something. He wasn't trying to push it on me and I told him i'd get back to him.

My story is in the breaking up forum and I would love for more input and maybe some direction and guidance. thanks everyone