talking to g/f's parents.... HELP!!!

So my g/f parents do not allow her to talk to me... although they do not know about our relationship together. I have finally decided that I am going to walk up to their door, knock, and speak with them. I do not want them to think that she was involved bc they told her to stop talking to me in... may.

I just wanted to know what you guys thought about this idea and what im going to say... i have no other ppl i can ask... any help is appreciated.

Heres what i plan to say:

I know that you dont agree with Megan talking to me and I repsect that. Id like to take you to dinner or something to give us a chance to talk. It would give you us a chance to get to know each other and hopefully you can get past w/e it is that you dont like about me. I will answer anything you want to know. I just want a chance to earn your respect so that maybe you could allow Megan to talk to me... Idk what I did... but I miss her friendship. Shes an awesome person and a great friend.

Something along that lines... what do you think???

misery12,

She is my g/f... but her parents do not know this. They would not tell her... we assume that it is b/c i use to cut... and that i never really talked to them much.. bc i felt weird... the looks they gave me... it might also be that once she told them we kissed but it freaked us out... but idk if i knew that ... i might be able to fix it or soemthing.

Well, it seems that the approach you are using is direct, honest and upfront, and it can't hurt to give it a try.

Just be aware that your gf's parents may not be receptive to listening to what you have to say, and there is a possibility that no matter how open and polite you are, they will still feel the same way, and not want you in their daughter's life.

I commend your desire to confront them directly in a non threatening way and make yourself available to talk, and I think if there is any way that they are going to accept you in her life, this may be the only way that can happen.

Best of luck.

so if they reject me what do i do? just say ok... and continue seeing her behind their back... bc i wont lose her friendship. but at the same time... i dont want to cause anymore problems than i already have. is there anything else i could do to change their minds?