making SOME progress. still, it could be better

Basically I've made some progress in my dance class. I mentioned before that the guy who is in a relationship has won over the appeal of most of the girls in the class. The other guy (who is single like me) has also brought smiles to their faces. But I have finally broken the ice with the girl next to me. I've had some pretty decent conversations with the girl whenever we had moments to talk, and learned that she doesn't have a man. I haven't brought up the question "are you seeing someone right now" because I just cannot ask that question in a classroom setting. I gave her the url of a website of my music group, and she asked me "you want my email?"

I didn't get her email then because my plan of action is to talk with her more and get to know her. When we have the class party at the end of the summer semester, then we could exchange numbers.

So, I am not fantasizing but I think it might be possible that this girl and I might expand upon our connection..we get along so well in the class. A part of me thinks that she could just be another good friend who is..well, more attractive and outgoing. OR, we could be lovers..not friends with benefits but actual lovers. Naturally as a guy the second option sounds more pleasurable, but I only have a few girl friends who are like sisters. My dad told me that I should develop friendships with the girls in my class, and then eventually during the months or years that they know me, they might introduce me to some of their other girl friends who are single.

GUYS, has this happened before with you? Don't you have to be patient and well-liked by the girl for this type of scenario to happen?

I recently heard that more girls are becoming the wings of guys who are interested in meeting girls within a social environment. This is common in the big cities where many people like to go clubbin' or house parties.

Finally, during the time after the summer semester I want to show that I'm a mature adult male who is open to talk about anything. Sex is a conversation topic that for some people belongs in the "taboo" zone, but for this girl it doesn't seem to be a big thing. However, what are some of the ways to incorporate "sex" in a conversation without directly saying "you look so fine, and hopefully sometime this summer we could get to know each other better and enjoy each other sexually?" Asking her if she's a virgin is out, and maybe I should stick to sharing my own opinions about sex rather than asking her invasive questions. Am I on the right track? What could I say?