rose on the first date ?

alright, i have to confess that i am not that romantic to come up this idea. I read this rose thing from an online post. Not so sure it will be very comfortable for the girls, especially if for you two just go out with the intention just get to know each better.

so i guess that my question is

- for girls, do you really like this idea?

- for guys, how many of you actually does this?

It all really depends on the person you're giving the rose too. She could see it as very sweet or very needy. I've had both reactions in the past so now I just play it safe and don't bring flowers on the first date. I save stuff like that for the next date if things go well. That way since she knows a little more about me, she sees that I'm not needy at all, I'm just trying to be sweet.

It all really depends on the person you're giving the rose too. She could see it as very sweet or very needy. I've had both reactions in the past so now I just play it safe and don't bring flowers on the first date. I save stuff like that for the next date if things go well. That way since she knows a little more about me, she sees that I'm not needy at all, I'm just trying to be sweet.

He really hit the nail on the head with this post. If I were you, I would see how the first date goes, and then bring a rose on the second date.

yeah buddy, it'd be a great idea... that girl will remember this day forever i think

as everyone is saying the positives side, let me take the opposite side for a while. i may warn u with some possibilities.

you didnt mention how do u met ur girl. if it is a blind date. plz dont do that. coz, if u r being freaked out by seeing her, u kno what u r gonna do with those roses then. and another thing is, she might not like roses, or she might have alergies with flowers. and there are lot of things u kno...

these are just possibilities, and their probability is less than 1% so, dont worry, just follow your heart

wish u a successful and kool date buddy

cya

I love flowers, even though I am allergic, who cares, I would take a flower anyday.

Honestly it just depends how well you know her. Make the first date casual, you don't want to work all your nerves up. Maybe on the third date or so a rose would be good, or even a sunflower. But I would refrain from giving any gifts on the first date.

well, i don't know her that well. only know she is nice, cute. but do feel that i like her a lot (hard to describe, just feel it that way). we worked in the same department but on different floors. hardly see each other. met couple of times in the past two years because of work. email sometime about work. asked her out for a movie 4 months ago and got rejected (did not know she had bf at that time). then told me she broke up with her bf few days ago and asked me to movie. plan to take her to a dinner and then go see the Batman.

i don't know what i will do. still thinking and i can tell from people's posts that this is really a individual thing. some people like this idea, some don't. oh, it is hard. good thing is i still got time, date is on tomorrow. so ...

btw, would you rather call this a go-out-and-have-fun than a date?

My boyfriend gave me a single rose on our first date a year and a half ago. I have the rose to this day (kept for sentimental reasons). It didn't make him appear needy or corny at all. I thought it was a sweet gesture and it set the tone for the evening - it didn't necessarily pressure the situation into anything more than a "I like you and I want to get to know you" date.

But if you want to, wait until the second date - that way it tells her how much you had a great time on the first date...

If you don' t know her that well then don' t give her a rose on the first date . Save that for the second date if you must do it . . . BUT if you can pull it of and go for the whole chivalrous , gentleman in shining armor then PLEASE GO FOR IT ! ! !

Let us know how it goes ! ! !