Please help me decided.

Ok, im kind of new here but here goes.

Im 17 and currently taking AS level exams. Since the start of the school year I have quite liked a girl but all year I there have been reasons to stop me asking her out (mainly her going out with others already) this was fine and I was happy anyway up until the start of exam leave. For some reason 2 groups merged the one she was in and the one I was in. since then a couple of arguments and other things have pushed people out and the group has come to me this girl and a few of my friends but most of the time its me her one of my best friends because every one else seems to have other stuff to do.

Because I have been seeing more of her I think I may have fallen in love with her. I can't stop thinking about her witch when I should be revising isn't good. I was just plucking up the courage to ask her out when she started seeing my best friend. Now this would normally be a kick in the gut but id live and move on but I have never felt this way about anyone before and there are loads of things that make me think I still have a chance.

Now I know most my reasons are going to be VERY wishful thinking cos I feel this way about her. So I want u to say if any of my reasons for still chasing her are valid.

Or if Im even more wishful than I thought

1. She finished her exams last week and to celebrate a group of us went to the local park with some beer. After she had, had a few and I had 1 she said she wanted to swap tops with some one. I was the closest and so was nominated by her. I put up very little resistance and ended up giving her my top. She came back 5 mins later with her top in her hand and wearing mine so I wore hers. For the rest of the day we went around town in each others tops. We were caught by the police (for having the beer ,nothing major) and my parents saw that we had swapped but I felt strangely comfortable in it and we kept joking about the funny looks we were getting. She has also borrowed a pair of my shorts when we had a party round my house and she has slept in my bed(not with me in it tho ). So she seems to have no problem with me.

2. a few days ago she had a few drinks. It was enough to loosen her tongue but she wasn't wasted cos she managed to spell supercalifragilisticexpialidocious on messenger. We got talking over msn messenger I cut a section out and saved cos I couldn't believe it.

She had just sent me a really cool pic of her self

Flying Squirrel!!! says: (me)(the flying squirrel is a trick I just learned kiteboarding(land))

ur rite it doesnt look quite like u

mmmm beer, ahhh police says (this is the girl)(spreading the word about the police because we are normally a very rule abiding bunch. so it was quite funny)

heheh

mmmm beer, ahhh police says:

i look silly

Flying Squirrel!!! says:

i think u look really good

really

and it doesnt look like me

darn

hehehe

Flying Squirrel!!! says:

lol

Flying Squirrel!!! says:

where was that taken?

i took it in my room

Flying Squirrel!!! says:

i think that is a really nice photo y dont u like it?

i look funny

everyone says i look sexy

wish i looked like tht all the time

Flying Squirrel!!! says:

it does look sexy

hehe thnx

Flying Squirrel!!! says:

jims a lucky guy

aww thts really sweet

i apreciate tht

thnks

u make me smile

Flying Squirrel!!! says:

no problems

i love my friends so much!

i feel so close to u all its great

Flying Squirrel!!! says:

i must agree

dont u think its great feeling like u belong with all ur frieds

i never want to lose tht

and i hope me "being with" jim wont change it

Flying Squirrel!!! says:

hate to break it to ya but enjoy it while it lasts

Flying Squirrel!!! says:

at the end of next year every one will be going there separate ways

yes i know i hate tht thought

Flying Squirrel!!! says:

thats gona be horrible

its a shame i only met all of u this year

Flying Squirrel!!! says:

yer

i want to continue being really close to u all this year, i really dont want me and jim to affect tht, thts why ive been holding bk, as i want to be myself and have fun with my friends, coz admittedly i love u all.

This is really screwing with my mind. I don't know what to think of it. I want it to be that she is holding back on Jim because she is not sure if she has made the right choice (ie considering me). But like I said that is probably the stupidest thing ever. But I want it to be true

3.she seems to spend a lot of time in contact with me when neither of us are doing anything we are both on messenger and even when she was at work she txts me.

This really is ripping me apart I spent 3 hrs today trying to decide what to do. And for the last week my mind has been swinging from doing everything in my power to win her over to leave her be and find some one else. My last exam is tomorrow so we will probably celebrate again at the weekend and im not sure what to do.

So again are any of my reasons for continuing to chase her valid. And what do you suggest I do. I have been trying to decide for weeks but I cant think straight and I know it so please help.

Thanks in advance BAS

PS sorry for the long post

It sounds to be that she just wants to be a close friend with you. I've been in similar situations before and it's always the friend angle they want, nothing more.

I don't think because she says that 'she doesn't want jim to get in the way' that she thinks she made the wrong choice. She is just saying that she doesn't want to get so serious with him that she can't remain close friends with another guy.

I wouldn't spend more time worrying about or stressing about it. Just let things play out, continue to be a friend for her and see what happens.

In the situation with me, the girl I was fawning over ended up screwing my best friend for a few months (while he had a girl friend). I was good friends with both of them and was really jealous that he was getting the action and not me. However, as the years passed I forgot about it and now I don't think, even if I had the chance, I would have sex with her simply because we are such great friends and so close that anything that might ruin that wouldn't be worth it...

I hope I make sense to you...

Good luck!